How to Get Started with In-Home Care in Barrington
Although elderly adults often express a preference for living in their own homes during their golden years, in reality this lifestyle can be difficult to maintain. Without in-home care, many seniors in Barrington find that daily activities become a struggle as they start to deal with age-related issues such as mobility limitations and cognitive decline.
If you want to arrange in-home care for a loved one but are unsure of how to get started, Visiting Angels® Barrington is ready to show you the way. We even provide care consultations free of charge for families in our local community. These meetings consist of an in-depth conversation about the senior's needs and plenty of time for families to ask questions about different aspects of care.
Common In-Home Care Topics
Some of the common issues that we discuss when meeting families for the first time are:
- The senior's need for physical care.If your loved one has difficulty with daily activities due to a chronic condition or concerns with balance or mobility, we can explain how our services offer physical support with basic tasks.
- The senior's preferred care schedule.Care schedules can be arranged according to the care recipient's current daily rhythm as well as the family's need for relief from their care responsibilities at specific times.
- The senior's need for companionship. Caregivers go beyond providing physical support to also act as a listening ear for seniors and an active companion. We will ask about your loved one's social preferences and their favorite hobbies to ensure they have the best experience of care possible.
- The senior's need for help around the house.If, like many elderly adults, your loved one is struggling to keep their home livable, we can include light housekeeping and homemaking services in their care plan.
- The details of caregiving logistics.Your family may be wondering about elements of care such as required documentation, communication preferences, or providing access to your loved one's home. We'll give you all the information you need to understand how we handle the logistics of caregiving.
Are you ready to gain insight into the in-home care process through a free consultation? Call Visiting Angels Barrington to reserve a meeting in Barrington, Algonquin, Deer Park, Hawthorn Woods, Hoffman Estates, Inverness, Lake Barrington, Lake in the Hills, Kildeer, Lake Zurich, Long Grove, North Barrington, Palatine, South Barrington, Tower Lakes, or a neighboring community.
Serving Barrington, Algonquin, Palatine, Lake Zurich, Crystal Lake, McHenry, Woodstock, Cary and Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels BARRINGTON, IL18-5 E Dundee Rd #300
Barrington, IL 60010