Transitional Care in Boise Helps Avoid Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Ready-Set-Go Home from Visiting Angels® Meridian is a transitional care program for seniors in the Boise, ID area. Under this program, seniors receive in-home care and support when they return home after a hospital discharge. Transitional care gives seniors the assistance they need during their recovery and can help reduce the risk of a hospital readmission during recovery.
Visiting Angels Meridian offers transitional care services to seniors throughout Boise and its surrounding communities. Our services are available to seniors in Ada and Canyon Counties, including towns and communities like Meridian, Nampa, and Caldwell.
Benefits to Non-Medical Transitional Care
After a hospital discharge, most seniors need significant help in the first several weeks of their recovery. During this time, seniors can lack strength and/or coordination, find themselves in significant pain or discomfort, and are likely to be at high risk for a serious complication. In fact, Medicare data indicates that just under 1 in 5 seniors will be re-admitted to the hospital within 30 days of a hospital discharge.
Our transitional care services help Boise seniors avoid hospital readmissions. We provide a range of non-medical assistance services to help seniors during their recovery period. These include:
- Help planning and preparing healthy meals.
- Assistance with mobility and transferring.
- Reminders about medication and important appointments.
- Help with daily tasks and activities, like bathing, grooming, and dressing.
- Companionship and conversation.
- Monitoring for complications and risk of re-hospitalization.
Boise’s Transitional Care Providers
Visiting Angels Meridian offers a three-prong approach to post-discharge transitional care for seniors in the Boise area.
- At the hospital — While your loved one is in the hospital, our caregivers can provide care or assistance upon request. Once doctors begin to make discharge plans, we provide information and guidance about how to handle this process. To ensure your loved one receives the care he or she needs, we will communicate with medical staff while creating a care plan.
- At the client’s home — Boise seniors receive transitional care from Visiting Angels Meridian in the comfort of their home. Care is flexible to suit your loved one’s needs and can continue for as many weeks as needed.
- At our office — Our staff is committed to providing Boise families with the professional support they need during transitional care services. We offer flexible scheduling, professional guidance, and after-hours emergency support to ensure your peace of mind.
Learn more about Ready-Set-Go Home transitional care in Boise by contacting Visiting Angels Meridian today.
Proudly Serving Boise, Meridian, Eagle, Nampa, Star, Garden City, Caldwell, Melba, and Emmett for over 10 years!
Serving Boise, Meridian, Eagle, Kuna, Nampa, Caldwell and Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels BOISE, ID36 E Pine Ave
Meridian, ID 83642