Companion Care Services in Barnstable
How it Differs From Personal Care
When it comes to senior care in Barnstable, families often opt for companion care services or personal care. But what are these two care options, and what do they involve? At Visiting Angels® Cape Cod, we can answer these questions and more. We're always here when you need support with home care.
Let's review these two care options in a bit more detail.
Choosing Our Companion Care Services
Companion care is often recommended for seniors who have some level of independence but who would still benefit from assistance. Here are a few ways we can help:
- We help seniors maintain independence. Many seniors cherish their routines, their independence, and their familiar environments. Through companion care services, we can provide seamless support, so seniors can continue enjoying the same routines and independence for as long as possible.
- We ensure daily tasks aren't an obstacle. Making meals, changing the sheets, and doing the laundry are some of the tasks that become harder and harder for seniors. We can take on these tasks so that clients don't have to contend with an empty fridge or an untidy home.
- We offer connection and companionship. Isolation is often a serious risk for seniors, with wide-ranging health implications. Our caregivers in Barnstable help seniors stay active and connected. Not only do we provide regular companionship and conversation but we can also help seniors stay in contact with loved ones, too.
When To Consider Personal Care in Barnstable
For seniors who need more one-on-one support, you may want to opt for personal care instead of companion care services. Here's when you may want to consider this option:
- If your loved one has mobility issues. If your family member can't get up, sit down, or walk around easily, they may require more advanced help through personal care.
- If safety is a concern. If you're worried about your loved one falling in the shower or hurting themselves when they use the bathroom, personal caregivers can help them complete these tasks more easily.
- If they have a chronic health condition. For seniors in Barnstable with chronic health concerns, our personal care offers crucial, non-medical support with daily living.
Your Trusted Team For Senior Care
Through companion care services, respite care, personal care, and more, we're proud to support seniors on Cape Cod, including:
- And throughout the surrounding area
Find out what a difference companion care services can make. To set up flexible care in Barnstable, call Visiting Angels Cape Cod today.
Serving Cape Cod, the Islands and the Towns of Wareham & Marion
Visiting Angels CAPE COD, MASSACHUSETTS915 Route 28
Harwich, MA 02645