Visiting Angels of Cape Code is part of the nation's leading, nationally respected network of essential personal home care service agencies providing senior care, elder care, personal care, respite care and companion care to help seniors and adults continue to live in their homes across America. We proudly serve Cape Cod, the Islands and the Towns of Wareham and Marion.
We are seeking experienced Caregivers to assist clients living in their homes with everyday tasks. We offer competitive hourly wages, flexible hours, and a friendly environment that fosters personal growth.
- Must be patient, reliable, and demonstrate a heart to serve the senior community
- Must have a strong sense of professionalism and ability to work consistently
- Minimum of 1 year of caregiving experience preferred
- Experience working with individuals with Alzheimer’s/Dementia preferred
- Current TB test within the last 2 years
- Valid driver's license and current automobile insurance
- Must have personal, reliable transportation to and from shifts
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High School Education
- Must comply with all agency policies
In Home Caregiver Responsibilities:
- Provides continuous care, safety, and companionship for our clients while on duty, excluding medical care.
- Provides a sense of security for the client and protects the client as much as possible from any harm resulting from the debilitating effects of his or her illness.
- Assists the client to live in a clean, healthy, and safe environment.
- Assists with light housekeeping including washing dishes, doing laundry, emptying trash, and tidying up kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, and living areas.
- Provides client transportation to and from doctor’s appointment and running errands
- Provides medication reminders.
- Assists in meal planning, purchases of foods, and food preparation.
- Observes the client's general physical, emotional, and mental conditions, and reports all changes in condition.
- Keeps appropriate records of all activity while in the client’s home.
- Communicates availability to work with the Scheduler on a weekly basis or as required