Transitional Care Home Care in Mt. Pleasant, SC
Visiting Angels Transitional Care in Charleston Prevents Hospital Readmissions Through Our Ready Set Go Home Program
At Visiting Angels, our transitional care services provide seniors with the necessary tools and resources that will help them avoid hospital readmission. Did you know that nearly one-fifth of older adults, after a hospital discharge, are readmitted to the emergency department within the 30 days following their release? This information provided by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is indeed alarming.
Our support helps seniors to remain at home following a hospital visit.
The Causes Of Readmission
The causes of hospital readmissions do vary widely, however, the top reasons include:
- Mismanaging medication
- Not following through with discharge instructions
- Exhaustion due to a disrupted eating and sleeping schedule at the hospital
- Not being able to manage an illness or disease at home
- Missing follow-up appointments
Support From Visiting Angels of Charleston
Our Ready Set Go Home Care program at Visiting Angels of Charleston utilizes a three-prong approach, addressing issues that cause readmission to a hospital. This approach includes:
- At the Hospital. Your loved one’s care starts while they are in the hospital, with a caregiver when they need one the most. Armed with a Ready – Set – Go Home guide, our skilled and experienced caregivers help seniors and family members navigate the discharge process.
- At Home. In the home, Visiting Angels companions act as “eyes and ears,” keeping notes on your loved one’s health and well-being. Our caregivers share this information with their supervisors or managers to stay current on any changes in conditions.
- At Our Office. Behind the scenes at the office, we will make sure that your senior has everything they need to live safely, comfortably, and happily at home. We can provide medication reminders, accompaniment to appointments, and can arrange medication and food deliveries.
Call Visiting Angels today to help your loved one avoid the risk of
Serving Charleston and the Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels Charleston, South Carolina1041 Johnnie Dodds Blvd #4C
Mt Pleasant, SC 29464
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.