How to Get Started with In-Home Care in Chelsea
Living alone can be challenging for older adults, especially as they begin to struggle with the effects of the aging process. In-home care is an option that allows them to remain where they feel most at ease but ensures they have high-quality support with their day-to-day activities. At Visiting Angels® Chelsea, we deliver personally tailored in-home care services for older individuals with all kinds of needs who reside across the local community. Our caregiving team is available to work in Chelsea, Dexter, Scio, Manchester, Benton, Webster, Stockbridge, and neighboring towns.
Common Topics For In-Home Care in Chelsea
To get started with in-home care, you’ll first need to request a free consultation from our local care agency. This meeting will offer detailed information as you determine whether our services are the right choice for your loved one’s lifestyle and living situation. We’ll take the time to address any concerns you have and explain how our services can meet your loved one’s care requirements.
Our care coordinators typically cover a wide range of topics during our initial consultations, including:
- How a caregiver can help with homemaking. As many seniors need a bit of assistance with maintaining a comfortable home environment, our caregivers can help out with light household chores, meal preparation, running errands, and more.
- Scheduling visits from a caregiver. We’ll discuss our approach to scheduling and begin outlining a schedule of care visits that accommodates your loved one’s normal routine and your own requests for respite from caregiving.
- Logistics of setting up care. You can rely on us to fill you in on the details you’ll need to know to get started with care, including completing any relevant paperwork and setting up home access for the care provider.
- Requirements for companionship. Our caregiving team goes above and beyond for seniors by establishing personal connections and lasting bonds that help them feel less alone during the aging process. We can accompany your loved one to social events, engage in conversation, and participate in their favorite hobbies.
- Requirements for physical support. If your loved one needs mobility assistance or support with completing basic activities of daily living, we’ll be sure to include the appropriate services on their care plan.
Are you interested in arranging in-home care for a loved one living in the local area? Don’t hesitate to reach out to Visiting Angels Chelsea to set up a no-cost, no-obligation care consultation!
Serving Servicing Chelsea Michigan and Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels CHELSEA, MICHIGAN307 S. Main St. Suite B
Chelsea, MI 48118