Home Care in Mayfield
Does Your Loved One Need Help?
While you’re visiting relatives this holiday season, it’s a good time to assess your aging loved ones to make sure they’re okay. Here are some signs that it may be time your loved one in Mayfield needs home care to keep them safe and comfortable.
Signs Your Loved One Needs Home Care
- A messy house. Does your loved one’s home seem unusually or increasingly cluttered or messy? Do you notice unfolded or dirty piles of laundry, dirty dishes, or an unwieldy yard? These are all signs indicating they may be having difficulty keeping up with daily chores.
- Weight loss. Has your loved one had a noticeable drop in weight? Of course, this is something that requires a trip to the doctor, but it may be something as simple as not having the energy or desire to plan or prepare meals or even get to the grocery store.
- Expired or missing medication. Do you notice expired or missing medication? It may be time to have a written list of medications, dosages, and prescribing documentation. Pills should also be organized into daily/weekly boxes. If this seems too overwhelming or confusing for your loved one, this is a sign you need to step in and help.
- Missed appointments. Like the missing or expired medications, this sign takes a bit of digging to find out. If you have not already done so, think about discussing the possibility of being added to their doctor’s list of authorized people to speak with.
About Our Home Care Services in Mayfield
At Visiting Angels® Cleveland, our locally owned and operated home care services are designed to provide the exact amount of help your Mayfield-area loved one needs, when they need it. We personalize our approach to care, providing customized, flexible care that keeps seniors living safely at home throughout their golden years.
At Visiting Angels Cleveland, our care services are as varied as your needs. We can help with tasks or specialized care such as:
- Meal planning and preparation
- Bathing, grooming, and dressing assistance
- Medication reminders
- Light housekeeping
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care
- Palliative care
- Respite care
- End-of-Life care
- Fall prevention
Our local, Mayfield area team is ready to step in when you need us. We offer flexible hours, including part-time, full-time, weekends, overnight visits, and more. Our care program is dedicated to providing a safe and comfortable way for your loved one to remain at home, in familiar surroundings, as they age. This includes our specialized Alzheimer's and dementia care that requires enhanced protocols and standards. Meanwhile, we provide peace of mind for you and your entire family, so you can spend more quality time together.
Our Home Care Service Area
We are grateful to provide our trusted home care to our senior neighbors in:
- Mayfield Heights
- Mayfield Village
- Pepper Pike
- Shaker Heights
- Cleveland Heights
- Richmond Heights
- And the surrounding area
To learn more about how our home care in Mayfield can help your loved one continue living safely and comfortably at home, or to schedule an appointment for a free in-home assessment, please call Visiting Angels Cleveland today at (216) 231-6400.
Serving Ohio's Cuyahoga County and Surrounding Communities
Visiting Angels CLEVELAND, OHIO12200 Fairhill Rd 2nd Flr, B-Wing
Cleveland, OH 44120