Transitional Care in Stockbridge Helps Avoid Hospital Readmissions
No one wants to stay in the hospital longer than they need to, however, for seniors, nearly one in five Medicare patients released from the hospital is readmitted within the next 30 days. At Visiting Angels® Fayetteville, our transitional care services provide seniors in the Stockbridge, GA area with the support they need to help reduce the risk of hospital readmission. We offer a wide range of services and resources designed to help the seniors in our community recover from injuries or illnesses at home where they are most comfortable.
What Causes Hospital Readmissions
When providing transitional care services to seniors in the Stockbridge area, we look to address the specific reasons a senior might be readmitted to a medical facility. Just some of the most common reasons a senior might be readmitted to a hospital include:
- Not following through with discharge instructions
- Mismanagement of medication
- Exhaustion due to disrupted sleeping and eating schedules at the hospital
- Lack of follow-through with medical appointments
- Difficulties managing the disease or illness at home
How Transitional Care Helps Seniors in Stockbridge
The transitional care services Visiting Angels Fayetteville provides to seniors in the Stockbridge, GA area help prevent hospital readmission in three different ways. Our approach includes:
- In-Hospital Care. Upon your request, we'll visit your loved one in the hospital and provide them with our "Ready - Set - Go Home" discharge planning guide. This guide helps prompt our clients to ask questions and record important information about issues that may impact their readmission. This includes symptoms to report, dates and times of follow-up appointments, and medication and dietary needs following discharge.
- At-Home Care. Our transitional care services can help your loved one in the Stockbridge, GA area with non-medical care and monitoring, and can provide unique insight into your loved one's condition. Our caregivers can provide information on why a client might miss medication doses or does not follow up with appointments.
- Care Through Our Office. Behind the scenes, our transitional care services can help our clients in the Stockbridge, GA area by arranging food and medication deliveries, as well as by providing medication and appointment reminders, and transportation to medical appointments.
We offer our transitional care services to seniors in Brooks, McDonough, Fayetteville, Stockbridge, Peachtree City, Newnan, Senoia, Tyrone, Sharpsburg, and throughout the surrounding areas. Contact Visiting Angels Fayetteville today to set up a no-cost care consultation.
Serving Fayetteville, Newnan, McDonough, Stockbridge, Peachtree City, and Communities in Fayette, Coweta, Henry, and Clayton Counties, GA
Visiting Angels FAYETTEVILLE, GA110 Habersham Dr #132
Fayetteville, GA 30214