Find Live in Care in Fredericksburg
Most seniors wish to age in place for as long as possible—but what if safety is a concern, or daily tasks become too difficult? In these situations, senior care can help your loved one to live at home independently, with comfort and dignity every day. At Visiting Angels® Fredericksburg, we provide live in care services and other types of in-home support. We know how meaningful it is for seniors to age in place on their terms.
Wondering what type of care is needed for your loved one's situation? Let's take a look at a couple of options.
Our Compassionate, Trusted Senior Care Services
For seniors in Fredericksburg who need frequent care and assistance, we may recommend one of the following:
- 24-hour care means someone is always alert and on hand to help your loved one. That's true even late at night. With this option, multiple caregivers rotate out in shifts throughout the day and evening, providing much-needed support.
- Live in care means that a care professional resides in the house, looking after your family member. While the caregiver will need to sleep for at least 5 hours, this option allows for regular care from a familiar face.
3 Considerations For Choosing Live in Care in Fredericksburg
At Visiting Angels Fredericksburg, we can always discuss your loved one's needs with you to assess which care option makes sense for your situation. That said, here are a few questions to consider:
- Does your loved one need monitoring or support at night? Some seniors may require supervision or assistance even late at night. If your loved one is at risk of wandering or sleepwalking, or if they're likely to need frequent help with toileting, it's worth considering 24-hour care.
- Is your family member dealing with dementia? Familiarity can be important when dementia or other memory disorders are a factor. With live in care, your loved one will have support from the same, trusted caregiver. With this continuity, care professionals can also help seniors continue the routines and activities they've always cherished.
- How much of a concern is isolation? Loneliness can take a terrible toll on older loved ones. If your family member doesn't have much social contact, a live-in caregiver can often be a lifeline, offering meaningful connection and companionship.
Find Support For Your Loved One Today
With a commitment to seniors across the region, our agency is proud to deliver live in care to:
- King George
- Colonial Beach
- And throughout the surrounding area
Set up live in care to help your loved one age in place. Just contact Visiting Angels Fredericksburg today.