In Home Care in Duarte
Home Safety Tips For Aging in Place
When an aging family member wants to remain in the home, it's important to make sure they can do so safely and comfortably. Professional in home care, grocery deliveries, and home upgrades can all help seniors thrive. For families in Duarte and the surrounding communities, Visiting Angels® Glendora makes sure your loved one has the support they need.
With professional caregiving services, we offer dedicated, personalized care to each of our clients. During our initial assessment, our experienced care managers can also recommend fall prevention and safety-minded home upgrades.
4 Tips For Improving Safety and Mobility In The Home
How do you know what's best for your loved one? Our in home care team recommends doing a walkthrough of the home with your family member. Take note of where they're struggling. This can help to guide any needed upgrades.
Here are a few potential ways to increase accessibility, safety, and mobility:
- Add more lighting. Dimly lit areas can be especially difficult for seniors to navigate safely. Think about increasing general brightness of light fixtures. Incorporate additional wireless lighting. Make sure your loved one can always see when walking down hallways and darker areas of the home.
- Reduce strain. Reaching up or down for items can cause strain for older individuals. Take any essential items out of hard-to-reach places. Add extendable shelving or other accessible options in cupboards and closets. Everything should be easily within reach.
- Think about seating. Additional seating support can be helpful for tasks that otherwise involve a lot of maneuvering or standing. A shower seat is a great addition to the bathroom. A chair in the bedroom helps your loved stay seated while putting on clothes.
- Use smart tech. Intuitive technology and "smart tech" can help your loved one move around without a second thought. Motion-activated lighting and faucets can be particularly useful for seniors. Internet-connected speakers and thermostats can help, too.
Help Your Loved One Thrive With Care
With our in home care agency, you can schedule homecare services that put your loved one's needs first. That's true whether seniors need occasional assistance with light housekeeping and errands, or if they require more comprehensive care. We make it a priority to help seniors thrive in:
- San Dimas
- And throughout the Glendora area
Get in home care you can always count on. To schedule a free initial assessment in Duarte or the surrounding communities, contact Visiting Angels Glendora today.
Serving Glendora and Surrounding Communities
Visiting Angels GLENDORA, CALIFORNIA131 E Foothill Blvd
Glendora, CA 91741
HCO # 194700609