Transitional Care in Gresham Helps Avoid Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Do you have an elderly loved one who is recovering from an injury, illness, or surgery? If you do, you may be worried about how he or she will cope with the transition home. At Visiting Angels® Gresham, our Ready-Set-Go Home transitional care program offers seniors a helping hand during their recovery after a hospital discharge. Under this program, recovering seniors are cared for in the comfort of their own home, giving them the support they need to recuperate and reduce the risk of a re-hospitalization.
Ready-Set-Go Home transitional care from Visiting Angels Gresham is available to seniors throughout the Gresham, OR, area. We proudly serve seniors and their families in eastern Multnomah County and Clackamas County, as well as northeast and southeast Portland.
Advantages to Post-Discharge Transitional Care
After an extended stay in the hospital, most seniors require assistance during their recovery. Many suffer from lost strength, coordination, or mobility after coming home from the hospital. Doctors’ orders may prohibit them from key daily tasks and activities. Additionally, seniors are typically at significant risk of a hospital readmission. This is where transitional care from Visiting Angels Gresham can help.
Transitional care from Visiting Angels Gresham gives seniors a much-needed helping hand during their recovery. Some of the ways our caregivers assist seniors during recovery include:
- Monitoring seniors for signs and symptoms of complications during recovery.
- Helping seniors follow doctors’ orders as they recover and recuperate.
- Performing or assisting with tasks and personal activities, such as grooming, dressing, bathing or toileting.
- Providing assistance for seniors with mobility difficulties.
- Offering companionship and conversation to alleviate the emotional challenges of recovery.
- Reminding seniors about their medication schedule and important appointments.
Gresham’s Trusted Transitional Care Team
At Visiting Angels Gresham, a three-prong approach has made us the Gresham area’s trusted transitional care providers.
- At the hospital — When one of our clients is hospitalized, we can provide the client and his or her family with care and support if requested. When it comes time for the senior to return home, we will coordinate a care plan with the senior, the family, and medical professionals.
- At the client’s home — Once your loved one has returned home, we can provide care and monitoring as needed. We can provide part-time, full-time, or round-the-clock care depending on your loved one’s needs.
- At our office — At our Gresham office, our staff tracks which clients are at high-risk for re-hospitalization. We are always on hand to address care concerns and operate an after-hours emergency line for urgent situations.
Learn more about Ready-Set-Go Home transitional care by calling Visiting Angels Gresham today.
Serving Gresham, Northeast Portland, Happy Valley, Damascus, Clackamas, and Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels GRESHAM, OREGON202 NE Kelly St.
Gresham, OR 97030