We're seeking reliable, friendly caregivers to join our home care team in Houston, Spring, Bellaire, Clutch City, Gridiron, Klein, Oak Ridge North, Shenandoah, and the surrounding areas
At Visiting Angels Houston, we match qualified care professionals with elderly adults who require a helping hand as they age in place. Our opportunities make it possible for compassionate caregivers to do rewarding work through a career that has a positive impact on the lives of others.
As a member of our caregiving team, you’ll assist older adults as they live life on their own terms. Your support can make it possible for them to go through their day-to-day routines safely and comfortably. In addition, you’ll help minimize their risk of social isolation and fill their days with warmth and joy.
See Our Current Job Openings:
Our caregiver jobs range from acting as a friendly companion for clients to assisting with walking and mobility. While our job descriptions do vary significantly from care recipient to care recipient, most of our caregivers at Visiting Angels Houston take on the following responsibilities at some point:
- Keeping tabs on the mental and emotional well-being of clients
- Running errands such as going grocery shopping or stopping by the pharmacy
- Helping clients bathe, dress, groom, and complete other personal care tasks
- Planning and preparing meals according to specific dietary requirements
- Taking care of light household chores like laundry and vacuuming
- Providing emotional support and engaging in social activities
- Reminding seniors to take medications on time
We strive to recruit caregivers who display character qualities like kindness, patience, and compassion. The most qualified applicants are those who have excellent time management skills and a drive to help people in need. In general, these characteristics are more important than on-paper qualifications. In some cases, though, additional certifications may be required for advanced caregiving duties.