How Care Coordinators Support Senior Care
When researching senior care for an older loved one, it is normal to feel anxious, confused, and frustrated with all the available options. So, where can you seek honest answers and personalized advice to make the best possible choice?
Look no further than Visiting Angels, a leading provider of senior home care services.
Visiting Angels employs home care experts called “care coordinators” (also known as “care managers”) who serve as primary points of contact to answer questions when you need trusted information about professional in-home assistance.
Care Coordinator Responsibilities
- Answer questions about services
- Conduct an in-home safety and fall risk assessment
- Get to know your senior by asking about favorite activities and hobbies
- Provide information about options, costs, and policies
- Share helpful community resources
- Understand needs and propose a schedule
If you proceed with services, you and your loved one will sign a “Client Services Agreement.” Your coordinator will prepare a comprehensive, personalized home care plan and then select a caregiver who fits the personality, preferences, schedule, and needs of your loved one. You will then meet your coordinator and caregiver to review the plan and receive answers to any additional questions.
Care Coordinator Duties After Services Begin
Your coordinator will provide essential support throughout the home care journey. Many families develop strong working relationships with their coordinators and consider them vital members and resources on the care team.
Your coordinator will get to know you and your family to facilitate comprehensive assistance in prioritizing your loved one’s overall well-being.
Ongoing responsibilities of coordinators include:
- Communicating with you and other family members
- Connecting you with community resources as needed
- Managing changes to your loved one’s plan or schedule
- Periodically checking in on your loved one and their caregiver
- Providing support and recommendations as your loved one’s needs change
- Working as a liaison between you and your loved one’s caregiver
Call Visiting Angels Today
Although responsibilities may vary slightly among agencies, Visiting Angels’ coordinators play an essential role in delivering outstanding home care for older adults across the country.
If you are considering compassionate and dedicated assistance for a loved one, contact your local home care office to speak with a helpful Visiting Angels’ coordinator.