Transitional Care in Santee Helps Avoid Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care in Santee
Do you have a loved one in Santee who will soon be discharged from the hospital? According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service (CMS), almost one-fifth of Medicare patients discharged from a hospital experience readmission within 30 days. At Visiting Angels® La Mesa, our transitional care program helps seniors in the Santee area avoid readmission by addressing some of the most common factors leading to readmission. If your loved one needs transitional care in Santee, La Mesa, San Diego, Lemon Grove, Spring Valley, Bonita, National City, or the surrounding communities, Visiting Angels La Mesa is ready to help.
Understanding Readmission Causes for Successful Transitional Care
Numerous factors can lead to a hospital readmission. Following are just a few of the issues leading to readmission that our transitional care program in Santee seeks to address:
- Improper management of an illness at home
- Lack of sleep or poor diet due to disruption of daily routines
- Poor follow-through with discharge and medical instructions
- Issues with scheduling medication dosages
- Missed follow-up medical appointments
Our Transitional Care Program’s Special Approach
At Visiting Angels La Mesa, we use a three-prong approach to provide thorough care for clients who are at risk of readmission. Here are the main steps of our transitional care program in Santee:
- Step One: Starting in the hospital. We don’t wait until your Santee loved one has been discharged to begin transitional care. Instead, we first meet with his or her hospital discharge planner to lay the foundation for a successful transition. We also provide our clients with our detailed transitional care guide, “Ready-Set-Go Home.” This guide prepares seniors for their discharge and explains the steps they must take to avoid readmission.
- Step Two: Monitoring in the home. Our compassionate caregivers at Visiting Angels La Mesa monitor clients after they have been discharged in order to gain insight into their well-being and report any issues that need to be addressed.
- Step Three: Tracking progress. At Visiting Angels La Mesa, our office staff uses specialized tools and equipment to track our clients’ progress. This information helps ensure that the client’s transition is as smooth as possible.
If you have a loved one who could benefit from transitional care in the Santee area, don’t hesitate to contact Visiting Angels La Mesa today. We’ll help you schedule a free care consultation for your loved one in La Mesa, Santee, San Diego, Lemon Grove, Spring Valley, Bonita, National City, or the surrounding communities.
Serving La Mesa, Lemon Grove, National City, San Diego, Spring Valley and Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels LA MESA, CA5500 Grossmont Center Dr #201
La Mesa, CA 91942