Visiting Angels Northern Kentucky: What is Home Care?
If you are the adult child of elderly parents, you may find your loved ones in need of personal care and assistance at home. It is a normal part of aging to slow down and it's not uncommon for loved ones to need help. If your elderly mother or father begins to require regular assistance, or more than you are able to provide, professional help is available. Visiting Angels® Northern Kentucky helps seniors throughout Florence, Covington, Independence, Erlanger, Fort Thomas, Burlington, Newport, and the surrounding communities by providing compassionate home care.
How Home Care Helps Seniors in Florence
Seniors throughout Florence are able to receive personalized home care from Visiting Angels Northern Kentucky. We can attend to a variety of needs with services ranging from personal care, Alzheimer's and dementia care, companion care, and transitional care, to respite and palliative care. Your loved one will be able to choose services which meet their specific health and wellness needs and will even have the flexibility to make changes if needed due to illness or injury.
While your loved one's services will be built around their unique needs, some of the most common types of assistance we provide include:
- Dignified assistance with personal hygiene, bathing, dressing, and toileting
- Monitoring medications and providing reminders to take prescriptions
- Running errands such as going to the post office or grocery shopping
- Providing meaningful companionship through shared activities
- Assistance with planning and preparation of dietary conscious meals
- Help with vacuuming, dishes, laundry, and light housekeeping tasks
- Help with fall prevention through walking and transferring assistance
- Transportation assistance to doctor appointments and therapies
Getting Started with Home Care in Florence
You can help your parent or family member get started with home care in Florence by calling Visiting Angels Northern Kentucky and booking a free in-home consultation. We will happily send our care coordinator to your loved one's home to discuss your needs. You will have full control over your care schedule, including the days, times, frequency, and duration of visits from your care professional. Seniors often worry they will have to alter their comforting routines in order to receive professional care but that is not the case with our services. Our agency has caregivers available to lend a hand at all hours, day or night.
If you have a loved one in need of home care in the Florence area, call Visiting Angels Northern Kentucky today.
Serving Northern Kentucky
Visiting Angels NORTHERN KENTUCKY1099 Burlington Pike
Florence, KY 41042