Home Care in Oakland County, MI
When it comes to growing older, home care can mean the difference between a senior living on their own terms or having to move into a care facility. If you know aging in place is important to your loved one in Oakland County, learning more about home care can help you arrange the support they need to stay at home throughout their golden years.
At Visiting Angels® Novi, we are proud to help seniors maintain their quality of life as they grow older. Our flexible and comprehensive services are designed to support older individuals in their quest for a positive experience of aging in place. We not only make living at home a safer, more robust experience for these individuals but can also help their family caregivers enjoy a respite from their duties or relief from worry.
Our friendly caregivers are known for their upbeat disposition and the compassion, empathy, and respect with which they deliver care. All of our care team members have undergone an extensive screening process as well as a thorough background check. They are dedicated to providing high-quality care and personalized support for elderly adults residing in the following areas:
- Oakland County
- Bloomfield Hills
- Walled Lake
- West Bloomfield
- Commerce Charter Township
- And other communities in the area
Learn More About Our Home Care Services in Oakland County
It's easy to feel overwhelmed when looking through home care options. After all, seniors have many different needs, and the care options available are often equally numerous.
If you're uncertain of which type of care would most benefit your loved one, you'll be happy to hear that we can help you make this distinction. After building their personalized home care plan, we can also adjust the services they receive whenever they have new care needs or their circumstances fluctuate.
For example, your loved one's care plan could cover help with the following:
- Transportation to appointments
- Shopping for groceries or running errands in Oakland County
- Basic mobility and walking assistance
- Chores and light housekeeping
- Engaging in companionship and conversation
- Getting dressed in the morning
- Grooming and bathing or showering
- Remembering schedules for taking prescriptions
We realize your loved one's needs aren't restricted to certain hours or days of the week. That's why we offer care on their schedule. Whether they require assistance in the mornings or evenings, on weekends or holidays, we'll be by their side at every crucial moment.
Setting Up Home Care in Oakland County
Setting up senior care can be simple when you choose to make us your partner in care. We have a straightforward process for arranging care that takes the stress off of your shoulders and ensures you never feel lost along the way.
These steps include:
- An initial discussion over the phone. Reach out to our office to let us know about your senior care needs. We can discuss your situation in general terms and then schedule a free consultation to speak about them in depth.
- A care consultation at no extra charge. Next, we would love to meet with you and your loved one to have a detailed conversation about the types of care they need. This conversation will also cover your questions and concerns, ensuring you're fully informed before taking any additional steps.
- Creating the framework for a care plan. Once we've gathered crucial details about your loved one's situation, we can lay the foundation for their custom care plan. We'll ask for your family's input to make certain it is perfectly personalized.
- Choosing the right caregiver. Your loved one's experience of care will be significantly influenced by their caregiver. As a result, we will make this match based on important criteria such as your loved one's lifestyle, personality, and general preferences.
To learn more about the various types of care we can provide, take a look at the overview below.
Alzheimer's Care and Dementia Care
When Alzheimer's or dementia changes how your loved one goes about their day, you may worry about their safety. We have specialized care programs that address different memory disorders and enable seniors to stay in a familiar environment while enjoying the comfort of assistance with routines they've developed over many years.
Companion Care in Oakland County
As seniors grow older, they often become more isolated and their social circle shrinks. This sets the stage for senior isolation, which can affect the mental well-being of older adults and create circumstances that lead to poor health. Companion care can prevent senior isolation through plenty of social interaction, emotional support, and companionship.
Basic activities of daily living, from getting dressed to showering and cooking, can be a real struggle for seniors with mobility restrictions or chronic health conditions. A personal care provider can offer direct physical assistance that makes completing these routines a safer and more comfortable task.
Caregiving can be exhausting on both a physical and an emotional level. Taking regular breaks is crucial to your mental health and overall well-being. Thanks to respite care, family caregivers can schedule time off from caregiving while knowing their loved one will be assisted by someone who is truly invested in helping them thrive.
A hospital stay is often disruptive to seniors' normal routines. Unfortunately, one stay can turn into multiple visits if a senior fails to fully recover. Our Ready, Set, Go Home program promotes a smooth recovery through customized transitional care that starts before the hospital discharge and continues as the senior recovers at home.
Many seniors lose their independence due to the traumatic effects of a fall. Taking precautionary steps to avoid a fall at home can make a major difference in the overall trajectory of their lives. Our Safe & Steady Fall Prevention program gives seniors guidance with taking these essential steps and promotes positive outcomes.
Get Started with Home Care in Oakland County Today
We would love to give you more information about how home care can help your loved one in Oakland County! Contact Visiting Angels Novi at (248) 344-1313 to request a free consultation.
Serving Novi, West Bloomfield, Bloomfield Hills, Commerce and the Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels NOVI, MI28175 Haggerty Rd #114
Novi, MI 48377