How Transitional Care in Rochester Hills Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Will your loved one be soon discharged after a stay at the hospital? It’s important to keep in mind that seniors have a high rate of hospital readmissions. In fact, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service (CMS) report that nearly one-fifth of Medicare patients who are discharged from a hospital are readmitted within thirty days. Our transitional care program at Visiting Angels® Rochester Hills aims to help seniors prevent a costly hospital readmission. Whether your loved one lives in Rochester Hills, Troy, Birmingham, Auburn Hills, Rochester, Madison Heights, Oakland Charter Township, or the surrounding communities, our caregivers are here to support them through this critical time.
Understanding Readmissions for Better Transitional Care
A senior can be readmitted to the hospital for numerous reasons. However, the following are some of the most common factors that can lead to a hospital readmission:
- An inability to manage health at home
- Disrupted sleeping and eating routines
- Disregard for important discharge instructions
- Failure to attend follow-up medical appointments
- Lack of proper medication management
Our Transitional Care Program’s Comprehensive Approach
At Visiting Angels Rochester Hills, we’ve developed a transitional care program with a three-pronged approach to assist seniors through their transition from hospital to home:
- Transitional care in the hospital. We lay the foundation for a successful discharge by first coordinating with the client’s hospital discharge planner. Visiting Angels Rochester Hills also makes sure clients are as informed as possible about the upcoming challenges by providing them with “Ready-Set-Go Home,” our helpful transitional care guide.
- Support and assistance at home. The compassionate transitional caregivers from Visiting Angels Rochester Hills will give your loved one the help that he or she needs to make a safe and comfortable transition back home. In addition to assisting with daily routines, our caregivers monitor changes in your loved one’s well-being and day-to-day habits so that any problem behaviors can be promptly addressed.
- Tracking with specialized systems. Our office staff in Rochester Hills uses specialized tools and resources to track the progress of our clients. We can also assist with arranging deliveries and providing important reminders.
Help your loved one avoid a hospital readmission with our transitional care services. Contact Visiting Angels Rochester Hills today to get started with transitional care in Rochester Hills, Troy, Birmingham, Auburn Hills, Rochester, Madison Heights, Oakland Charter Township, and the surrounding communities.
Serving Eastern Oakland County including Birmingham
Visiting Angels ROCHESTER HILLS, MI3965 Auburn Rd
Rochester Hills, MI 48309