Home Care in Santa Maria
Even if you knew this day would come, it's never easy when you realize a loved one is no longer able to do things as easily as they used to, and now they need help. At Visiting Angels® Santa Barbara, we provide home care in Santa Maria and the surrounding areas.
Over the years, we've supported countless families through the physical, logistical, and emotional challenges that come with caregiving. Let our home care professionals support you, too.
We are a locally owned home care agency that serves:
- Santa Maria
- Santa Barbara County
- Santa Ynez Valley
- Santa Barbara
Our care professionals are deeply invested in the continued comfort and well-being of seniors across our shared community.
All About Our Home Care in Santa Maria
Many routine tasks that were once second nature can become more difficult over time. As part of our home care services, our caregivers can either take over or help your loved one perform the following tasks more comfortably:
- Grocery shopping and running errands
- Getting dressed
- Bathing and using the bathroom
- Walking and changing locations
- Remembering to take medication
- Getting to appointments and activities
- Doing basic housework
- Planning and preparing meals
In addition, our caregivers can also provide respite care for family caregivers and act as a comforting companion for your loved one.
How Our Home Care Process in Santa Maria Works
No one understands your loved one's care needs — and the context of their care — better than your family. That's why, instead of a one-size-fits-all approach, we customize our services based on what we learn from you. To create a custom care plan and schedule, we'll walk you through the following steps:
- An introductory call — You can get the process started by calling Visiting Angels Santa Barbara at (805) 284-0221. Tell us a bit about your situation, and we can tell you about our home care services and rates.
- A thorough consultation — At no cost to you, we'll meet with your loved one and other involved family members to get more information about the care required. We'll cover your loved one's cognitive and physical health, their routine, and what they find challenging. We'll also address any questions or concerns you have.
- Proposing a care plan — Drawing from what we learned during your loved one's consultation, our care professionals will outline a care plan and schedule that are ideally suited for their needs.
- Assigning a care professional — We want everyone involved to feel completely comfortable with the caregiver we select for your relative. Your family will always have the final say of any caregiver we assign to your loved one.
Continued communication - Once care begins, a care manager will monitor your loved one's condition and ensure they receive the highest standard of care. We'll also be in regular contact with your family.
At Visiting Angels Santa Barbara, we're here for your family whenever you need us to be. Our home care is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year, so your loved one in Santa Maria never has to go without the care they need to thrive.
Meeting Essential Personal Care Needs in Santa Maria
Our personal care includes day-to-day support for the routine activities of daily living. Depending on your loved one's needs, our caregivers can help them with the following:
- Meal planning, grocery shopping, and cooking
- Running outside errands
- Dressing and bathing
- Taking medications when scheduled
- Doing more difficult household chores
- Going to appointments
- Walking and transferring
Companion and Social Care Services
Our caregivers can provide meaningful companionship and conversation for seniors who are experiencing loneliness and isolation. In addition to regular caregiver visits, we can also help older adults embrace digital tools to keep in touch.
Alzheimer's and Dementia Care Services
Many seniors are unable to live safely at home due to Alzheimer's disease and other types of dementia. The symptoms of this cognitive decline, most notably memory loss, can lead older adults to neglect themselves while also withdrawing from others. Through our Alzheimer's care and dementia care services, we help create a calm, soothing environment for seniors with these conditions.
Our specialized support for Alzheimer's disease and dementia can include the following:
- Diet monitoring and meal prep
- Medication and appointment reminders
- General monitoring and wandering prevention
- Stimulating companionship
End of Life and Palliative Care Services
We offer end of life care and palliative care services to help our clients and their families get through some of their greatest challenges.
If your relative is in the later stage of a terminal illness or is nearing the end of life transition, our caregivers can help keep them as comfortable as possible. Our care team can also assist your family with any day-to-day tasks, so you're free to focus on the one you love.
Palliative care is a holistic home care service that we offer for clients in Santa Maria who have severe health issues, such as cancer or heart disease. It includes physical, emotional, social, and spiritual care to help our clients rediscover hope and joy.
Transitional Care Program
Our Ready-Set-Go Home Program addresses the high rates of hospital readmission among seniors. Our care professionals will visit your loved one in the hospital before discharge, consult their medical team, and clarify their discharge instructions and follow-up care. Then, our team will provide the in-home support your relative needs to heal safely and comfortably.
Fall Prevention Program
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, falls are the primary cause of serious injury for seniors. We created our Safe & Steady Fall Prevention Program to help seniors navigate their homes more safely. As part of this program, we can determine your loved one's fall risk, arrange support for walking and transferring, and suggest changes to help fall-proof their home.
Get Started with Home Care in Santa Maria Today
As difficult as it can be to admit that you or your loved one in Santa Maria needs home care assistance — or that you're unable to meet all of their needs yourself — the fact is that the sooner your relative receives the help they need, the better their quality of life will be.
To find out more about our home care in the Santa Maria area, or to request a no-cost consultation for you or your relative, call Visiting Angels Santa Barbara at (805) 284-0221 today.
Serving Ojai, the Santa Barbara Communities & the Santa Ynez Valley
Visiting Angels SANTA BARBARA5565 Carpinteria Ave #1
Carpinteria, CA 93013