How Transitional Care in Somerset County Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Your loved one in Somerset County is ready to come home from the hospital and will need transitional care. Visiting Angels® Somerset can help your loved one stay on track with the doctor's orders by providing non-medical services and support from our professional, knowledgeable, and compassionate caregivers. At Visiting Angels Somerset our Ready-Set-Go Home care services helps to reduce the risk of re-hospitalization by providing assistance and support to your loved one after their discharge.
What Causes Readmissions?
Generally, before a patient is discharged from a medical facility a family member is there to help and discuss the transitional care they'll need after their hospital stay in Somerset County, but what if they can't be? This leaves the senior feeling alone and depressed making them vulnerable to health issues which could lead to readmission. Some causes for re-admissions may be due to:
- Missed doctor appointments due to lack of transportation
- Unfilled prescriptions
- Forgetting to take medications properly or complete therapies
- Inability to shop and prepare nutritious meals
- Depression caused by loneliness
As a significant part of your loved one's care plan, Visiting Angels Somerset and their professional caregivers can help your loved one to follow their wellness plan at home for a quicker recovery to avoid readmission.
How Visiting Angels Somerset Helps with Transitional Care for Seniors in Somerset County
Going home after a hospital or rehabilitation stay can be scary to your loved one, but it doesn't have to be with the help of our experienced, reliable, and compassionate caregivers. In fact, studies have shown illness and hospital stays can leave some seniors physically inactive and mentally depressed which can lead to a worsening of conditions and readmission. Visiting Angels Somerset can help you with your senior's transitional care in Somerset County by assisting with:
- Personal care — dignified bathing, dressing, grooming, and toileting
- Meals — meal planning, shopping, prep, feeding, and clean up
- Household care — light housekeeping
- Healthcare — medication reminders, travel arrangements to physician and therapy appointments
- Emotional care — companionship, meaningful activities, conversation.
- Mobility assistance — standing, walking, and transferring
- Flexible hours — Available 24/7, weekends, holidays, part and full time and temporary
At Visiting Angels Somerset, we know planning for transitional care when your loved one is discharged from a care facility in Somerset County, is imperative for their speedy recovery and we're here to help. We're flexible and affordable, which means you pay only for the services you need.
Proudly serving the families of Somerset County, Somerset Township, Franklin Township, and the surrounding areas, call Visiting Angels Somerset now to schedule your free in-home consultation and assessment and be better prepared for your loved one's transitional care when they come home.
Serving the Communities in Somerset and Middlesex Counties
Visiting Angels SOMERSET, NJ719 Route 206 #102
Hillsborough, NJ 08844