Transitional Care in St. George Helps Avoid Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Do you have a loved one in St. George who is currently in the hospital and may soon be discharged? Our transitional care program at Visiting Angels® St. George helps seniors in St. George, Washington, Hurricane, Cedar City, and the neighboring communities in Utah avoid costly hospital readmissions. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service (CMS) report that almost 20% of Medicare patients are readmitted within one month of being discharged from the hospital. It’s important for seniors in St. George, and their families, to keep these facts in mind as they prepare to be discharged from the hospital.
Why Choose Transitional Care: Causes of Readmissions
There are numerous reasons why a senior may be readmitted to the hospital shortly after a discharge. Visiting Angels St. George lists some of the most common factors leading to hospital readmissions for elderly adults:
- Problems taking medications properly
- Challenges in dealing with an illness at home
- Lack of follow-through with a doctor’s discharge instructions
- Fatigue related to disrupted sleep cycles in the hospital
- Missed follow-up medical appointments
How Transitional Care Reduces the Risk of Readmission
Our transitional care program at Visiting Angels St. George helps limit the risk of hospital readmissions through our three-pronged approach:
- We introduce transitional care before discharge. Successful transitional care should begin in the hospital. Our team at Visiting Angels St. George will confer with your loved one’s hospital discharge planner in order to appropriately plan for his or her care needs and requirements. We’ll also give your loved one information about what to expect from a discharge through “Ready-Set-Go Home,” our discharge planning guide.
- We offer high-caliber transitional care in the home. Our professional transitional care providers assist your loved one in his or her home in St. George. In addition to providing clients with aid and support, our caregivers monitor clients’ well-being and behavior following the discharge to ensure that any red flags are promptly reported.
- Our office in St. George assists with transitional care support. Our staff at Visiting Angels St. George utilizes comprehensive tools and resources to track clients who need additional monitoring throughout their transition from the hospital.
Consider transitional care to help your loved one get back on their feet after being discharged from the hospital. Contact Visiting Angels St. George today for more information about our services in St. George, Washington, Hurricane, Cedar City, and the neighboring communities in Utah.
Serving Washington, Iron & Kane Counties including St. George & Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels Southern Utah1224 S River Rd #B-228
St George, UT 84790
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.