How Transitional Care in Staunton Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready, Set, Go Home with Transitional Care in Staunton
When seniors come home from a hospital stay, proper support and care can be crucial to preventing re-admission. At Visiting Angels® Staunton, we're dedicated to reducing the risk of readmission for our clients. Our Ready, Set, Go Home program offers comprehensive and sensitive transitional care to seniors across the region.
Approximately 20% of seniors on Medicare must be re-admitted to the hospital within 30 days of their original discharge. Every hospital visit can further contribute to a decline in physical and cognitive health. Even before discharge, our care team eases the challenges faced in returning home safely. Together, we can make sure your loved one can remain at home for as long as possible.
Why Choose Transitional Care
Spending time in the hospital can take a significant toll on seniors. Many older Americans struggle with the challenges of returning home safely, which is why readmission occurs so often. Common challenges include:
- Difficulty with medications—taking them improperly, skipping doses, or forgetting to refill
- Exhaustion and fatigue, making it harder to eat, bathe, and complete other tasks
- Decreased strength and mobility, which can cause an increase in slips and falls
- Mental fog and confusion, which can make it harder to follow discharge instructions properly
With our transitional care program, seniors and their families can get dedicated support even before discharge. At Visiting Angels Staunton, we understand how fraught and overwhelming all of this can be. Our care team can step in even as your loved one is recuperating at the hospital:
- Even before your family member is released from the hospital, we can meet with you, your loved one, and their medical team to plan for an easier transition.
- When they return home, we can assist with various tasks around the home, monitor their condition, and assist with personal care tasks.
- Our office can help to handle any logistics related to their return home, including equipment dropoffs, appointment reminders, and food deliveries.
By reducing the risks and challenges associated with a return home, we help seniors across the region to minimize the possibility of readmission.
Your Trusted Team at Visiting Angels Staunton
When you need transitional care services, you can always depend on our Ready, Set, Go Home program for help. We assist seniors and their families from across the region, including:
- Stuarts Draft
Let's make sure your loved one can get the support they need. To discuss our transitional care services, call Visiting Angels Staunton today.
Serving Staunton, Waynesboro and the Surrounding Communities
Visiting Angels STAUNTON, VA427 Lee Jackson Highway A-01
Staunton, VA 24401