Are you a kind, compassionate, and reliable person who enjoys helping others? With our caregiver jobs, Visiting Angels® Topeka provides a great opportunity for those who want to make a real difference. As one of our care providers, you'll have the responsibility of caring for elderly residents within the comfort of their own homes. Your attentive care and companionship will help local seniors retain their home lives and avoid the move to a care facility.
As a caregiver for Visiting Angels Topeka, you will be relied upon as a source of support and companionship. We provide services for a wide range of seniors, so you'll also need to be flexible and ready to anticipate each person's unique needs. With your support around the house, each senior will have a stronger chance of aging in place and enjoying the dignity, privacy, and peace of life at home.
We are currently looking for trustworthy and committed individuals who are ready to take on this vital role. Experience in senior care is a plus, but it is not required, as we provide full training. Here are some of the care duties you will need to perform in this role:
- Assistance with self-care tasks, including bathing, grooming, toileting, and getting dressed.
- Help create a safer home life, including assistance with fall prevention, mobility aid, and more.
- Basic household chores such as cleaning, cooking, errands, and laundry.
- Memory assistance that may include medication reminders.
- Safe transportation to doctor's appointments and other important events.
- Friendly and positive companionship that each senior can depend on.
- Allowing caregiving relatives to take time away without any guilt.
- Assistance with customized exercise plans, healthy diets, and much more.
If you believe you have the patience, compassion, and physical ability to provide amazing care for local seniors, we are eager to hear from you! To learn more about our caregiver jobs, contact Visiting Angels Topeka today.