Alzheimer's Care in Waco: When is it Time?
When should I hire professional Alzheimer's care for my loved one? This is a question frequently asked by family members of Alzheimer's sufferers. While there is no definitive answer, there are signs it may be time to consider professional care. You know your loved one best and if you feel they could benefit from additional support, trust your instincts. At any stage of the disorder, seniors can benefit from Alzheimer's care from Visiting Angels® Waco TX. We work with families throughout China Spring, Hubbard, West, Lorena, Valley Mills, Woodway, Hewitt, Robinson, Hillsboro, Whitney, and the surrounding areas to keep their loved ones safe and comfortable at home.
Signs Your Loved One in Waco May Be Ready for Alzheimer's Care
There is no wrong time to begin Alzheimer's care from Visiting Angels Waco. Our services can help seniors at any point in the progression of the disorder. If you are unsure whether it is time to look for professional services for your loved one, consider the following signs:
- If your loved one is at a higher risk for falls due to limited mobility
- Your loved one either has wandered, or shows warning signs of wandering
- Your family member is having difficulty remembering to take medications
- Family caregivers are physically or mentally fatigued and overwhelmed
- Your loved one has lost weight or shows other signs of physical decline
- If your family member does not have people nearby who can lend a hand
How Alzheimer's Care from Visiting Angels Waco Can Help
Visiting Angels Waco offers customized Alzheimer's care services to meet the changing needs of seniors with memory related illness. We will provide your loved one with services which are relevant to their needs. Your family will find peace of mind knowing we are looking out for your loved one's safety. Whether you choose to begin care at the beginning of your loved one's disorder, or further into the progression, our services can meet your needs.
Some ways our agency can assist your loved one include:
- Providing reminders to take prescriptions
- Aid with transportation to appointments
- Organization and light housekeeping chores
- Preventing wandering and aid with safety
- Fall prevention and walking assistance
- Meaningful companionship and conversation
- Help for dressing, personal hygiene, & bathing
- Preparing nutritious meals and snacks
Call Visiting Angels Waco today to learn more about our Alzheimer's care services. You can schedule a free in-home consultation to help your loved one get started.