Transitional Care in Waco Helps Avoid Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
You can support a loved one during their recovery from illness, injury, or surgery with Ready-Set Go Home transitional care services from Visiting Angels® Waco. This program offers in-home support to seniors after a hospital discharge. By providing seniors with non-medical transitional care, this program can help reduce the substantial risk of complications faced by most seniors during their recovery.
Visiting Angels Waco offers transitional care services to seniors throughout the Waco area including China Spring, Valley Mills, Hubbard, West, Lorena, Hewitt, Woodway, Robinson, Hillsboro, and Whitney.
Advantages to Non-Medical Transitional Care
After your loved one has been discharged from the hospital, the first month of recovery can be absolutely crucial. Among Medicare patients, roughly 20% of all hospital discharges result in readmission within 30 days. By assisting seniors through their recovery, transitional care services from Visiting Angels Waco can help limit the risk of complications that lead to readmission.
Some of the ways that non-medical transitional care from Visiting Angels Waco can help include:
- Ensuring seniors don’t overexert themselves or put themselves at risk of injury by providing physical assistance during recovery.
- Helping seniors stick to their medication schedule by providing clients with medication reminders.
- Helping seniors plan, procure, and prepare healthy meals, following any specific dietary restrictions put in place by their physician.
- Accompanying seniors to follow-up appointments with medical professionals and non-medical specialists.
- Monitoring seniors for signs of complication or changes in their condition that could signal a higher risk of recovery concerns.
Waco’s Trusted Transitional Care Team
Visiting Angels Waco takes a three-prong approach to our Ready-Set-Go Home program, an approach that has made us Waco’s choice for transitional care:
- At the hospital — If one of our clients is admitted to the hospital, we can provide them and their family with support through their hospital stay. When it comes time for discharge, we actively participate in the discharge planning process to make sure our transitional care providers have all the information they need when providing care at home.
- At the client’s home — Once your loved one is home, our caregivers will provide non-medical assistance and support to help them rest and recuperate while following all discharge directives.
- At our Waco office — When clients are recovering from a hospital visit, our office staff will monitor their condition and track their risk of readmission. We can also help family members coordinate necessary support services.
Call our office today and find out more about transitional care services from Visiting Angels Waco.
Serving Waco, Temple and Communities in Bell & McLennan Counties, TX
Visiting Angels WACO1514 Austin Ave
Waco, TX 76701
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated.The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.