THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED. IT ALSO DESCRIBES HOW IT MAY BE DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
Medical information, including health history, is collected from the client upon initiation and subsequent visits, and is then stored in the client’s file.
- Medical information will be used in the assessment of the client’s condition and the need for health care or referral purposes.
- Some of the medical information will be transferred to a computer program for the purposes of retrieval, storage, billing and payment purposes.
- Medical information may be disclosed to health and disability insurers for the purpose of payment or reimbursement of services.
- The medical information contained in the medical record will be stored by Visiting Angels for a period of no less than six (6) years (or longer if state law mandates a longer period of record keeping).
- Health care providers, for the purpose of referral, consultation or coordination of health care include; Health care insurers,
- Disability insurers,
- Business Associates
- Persons responsible for client’s health care, such as a parent or nurse
- Billing organizations,
- Collection agencies.
- Law enforcement officials or agencies include; Correctional institution,
- Public Health authorities,
- Research institutes,
- Family members,
- Workers’ compensation insurers or state agency, if applicable.
- Examples of health care information use and disclosure include; For the purpose of diagnosis, assessment, referral, and/or treatment,
- For the purpose of payment by a third party, such as a health insurer,
- For the purpose of day to day health care operations,
- Appointment reminder notices or messages,
The likely uses and disclosures of health information routinely performed by Visiting Angels include:
- When requested by client or medical professionals to make verbal “observations” of client to better inform the medical professionals of our client’s condition and/or current state.
- As a courtesy to our clients, we will submit an itemized billing statement to your insurance carrier for the purpose of payment to Visiting Angels for services rendered. If you pay for your health care services personally, we will, as a courtesy, provide an itemized billing to your insurance carrier for the purpose of reimbursement to you.
The client’s rights include:
- The right to inspect and copy his/her protected health information,
- The client’s right to place restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of his/her health information, - Visiting Angels is not required to honor the requested restriction.
- The right to amend his/her protected health information,
- The right to receive confidential communication of protected health information by an alternative method other than the stated means of communication.
- The right to a copy of the client’s Notice of Privacy Practices at any time.
- The right to an accounting of all uses and disclosures of his/her protected health information.
- Third party uses and disclosures other than for purposes of treatment, payment or health care operations, will be made only with the client’s written authorization, and the client may revoke such authorization as provided by law.
- Visiting Angels will make every effort possible to protect the privacy and confidentiality of all health information of its clients against inappropriate or unauthorized use and disclosure, as required by law.
- Visiting Angels promises to inform the client on future changes and revisions to the Notice of Privacy Practices, within 60 days of a material revision to the notice requirements.
- The client has a right to file a complaint, as well as the process of filing a complaint, against Visiting Angels for the inappropriate or illegal way in which they handled the client’s health information.
- Visiting Angels may not use or disclose protected health information of its clients in a manner inconsistent with the Notice of Privacy Practices.
Collection of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
1. General Tracking Information
We keep track of the pages visited by each user. Our web server automatically collects some information about you when you request pages from our server, including your IP address. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers connected to the Internet to identify your computer so that data (such as the web pages you request) can be sent to you. We aggregate this data with data on the pages visited by other users to track overall visitor traffic patterns. We use this information to improve our Site by making it more responsive to the needs and preferences of our users. This information does not identify you personally.
2. Click Path Tracking
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Visiting Angels and our affiliates, our marketing, testing and quality assurance partners, or our analytics, information technology and web monitoring service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
3. Collection of Personal Information
If you choose to register on our Site, you will be asked to provide Personal Information which may include your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number. We do not actively share Personal Information gathered from our Web servers. When you register, we will place your name in our mailing list and will send you an e-mail to the address you have provided to confirm your registration on our Site.
4. What we do with the Personal Information We Collect
We require Personal Information from you in order to learn more about how you use the Site; to measure areas of interest in our network and the services we provide; to understand the needs of our customers; to provide you with better service; and to help us with internal record keeping. If you register, your registration information may be used by Visiting Angels and our Franchisees and Master Franchisees for internal research purposes and may be compiled as part of our internal database system. In addition, we may send correspondence to the e-mail and / or street address you provide to us when registering on our Site. This correspondence may include newsletters, promotional offers, information on new features and services we provide, Site updates, responses to your e-mails, comments and opinions, and may also be used as a means of providing technical support. In certain instances, you will have an opportunity to limit these uses at the time your Personal Information is collected. You also may limit the correspondence by following the instructions in the "Opt-Out" Section below.
5. Sharing of Personal Information
We may also provide your Personal Information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Links to Third Party Websites
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our hardware, software, and security infrastructure as well as our internal standards for this Site to meet current industry standards and technology. In addition, we will be using standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to secure all pages used for inputting user Personal Information. However, due to the open communication nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between us will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
You may choose to have your name taken off of our registration list, cease receiving correspondence or newsletters from us or you can update or delete the Personal Information that you have provided to us, via one of the following methods:
- Using the opt-out option in e-mails you receive from us;
- Sending us an e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing to us at: Living Assistance Services, Inc., 937 Haverford Road, Suite 200, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010; or calling us toll free at: 1.800.365-4189
We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The data contained in our Site is for informational purposes only and is not represented to be error free. Visiting Angels attempts to ensure that the data provided or otherwise displayed on our Site is accurate. However, the Site and its contents are provided on an "as is, as available" basis. Use of the Site and its contents is at your sole risk. Visiting Angels does not warrant that any functions of the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site will be free from viruses or other harmful components. Visiting Angels makes no warranties, either express or implied, concerning the content of the Site, including the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the Site.
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.