Transitional Care in Abilene Helps Avoid Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Visiting Angels® Abilene offers post-hospital transitional care to local seniors under our Ready-Set-Go Home program. This program connects seniors with compassionate, qualified caregivers who help seniors recover at home after hospitalization. This program not only makes the recovery process easier for seniors, but also plays a crucial role in managing the risk of re-hospitalization, a significant concern among elderly adults.
Ready-Set-Go Home transitional care from Visiting Angels Abilene is available to seniors throughout Abilene and its nearby communities. In addition to caring for Abilene seniors, our agency also provides transitional care services to seniors in Sweetwater, Baird, Anson, and Merkel, TX.
Benefits to Non-Medical Transitional Care
For elderly adults, recovering from a major illness, injury, or surgery can be a difficult and uncertain process. The first month after a hospital discharge can be especially fraught for seniors, and Medicare data shows that roughly 20% of all seniors will end up back in the hospital within 30 days after a hospital discharge. Thankfully, it is possible to limit this risk by providing seniors with care during their recovery and ensuring they follow all doctor’s directives.
Visiting Angels Abilene offers a number of transitional care services through our Ready-Set-Go Home program. Some of the key ways we help seniors after hospitalization include:
- Watching for signs and symptoms that seniors are at risk for rehospitalization.
- Planning and preparing hearty meals during recovery, with attention paid to doctor-recommended dietary restrictions.
- Assisting seniors with physical tasks and personal activities that are difficult, impossible, or dangerous for seniors to perform on their own during recovery.
- Providing seniors with reminders about medication schedules and important appointments.
- Offering conversation, compassion, and companionship if seniors are finding their recovery to be emotionally challenging.
Abilene’s Trusted Transitional Care Providers
Visiting Angels Abilene ensures quality transitional care by taking a three-prong approach to our Ready-Set-Go Home program.
- At the hospital — When doctors start to plan your loved one’s discharge from the hospital, our team will take an active role in the planning process. We will be happy to provide you and your family with detailed information and guidance about discharge planning and your options for transitional care. When planning your loved one’s care program, we will make sure your loved one’s care services carefully follow any medical directives.
- At the client’s home — Transitional care services from Visiting Angels Abilene are provided in the comfort of our clients’ homes. Care can be provided on a part-time, full-time, or round-the-clock basis, depending on your loved one’s care needs and the schedules of family caregivers.
- At our office — Our office team is always there to help with your loved one’s transitional care services. We keep caregivers available in case you need to make scheduling changes and we operate an after-hours emergency line for any urgent situations.
Call Visiting Angels Abilene today to speak with a member of our team about Ready-Set-Go Home transitional care services.
Serving The Big Country in Texas
Visiting Angels ABILENE, TEXAS4090 S Danville Dr #A
Abilene, TX 79605
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated.The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.