Transitional Care in Beaumont Helps Avoid Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
If you’ve ever been admitted to a hospital, you know that it’s impossible to get any rest! The constant vital checks, strange noises, uncomfortable beds, and unfamiliar surroundings are especially stressful for senior family members. Returning home makes it easy to forget important medical discharge instructions. Failing to follow these instructions often leads to a hospital return for seniors. Visiting Angels® Beaumont can help seniors avoid returning to the hospital with our Ready-Set-Go Home transitional care program.
One in every five seniors will be readmitted to the hospital within 30 days of their discharge, usually for reasons not related to their initial hospital stay. Before we can resolve this issue, we need to understand the reasons behind this high rate of senior hospital readmissions. National healthcare research and our experience tells us that hospital readmissions are often triggered by:
- Exhaustion. Seniors find hospital stays physically, mentally and emotionally exhausting. Our compassionate caregivers take care of the details, making it easy to recuperate.
- Difficulty managing at home alone. When a hospital stay breaks their routine, seniors often struggle to get back into their everyday rhythm. Our professional caregivers provide transitional care so your loved one has continued support in their Beaumont home.
- Medication. Introducing new medications is often confusing for seniors, and it’s easy to forget to take meds at the proper time. Our transitional care providers monitor medication and provide reminders for Beaumont seniors.
- Failing to follow doctor’s instructions and follow through. Our Ready-Set-Go Home Discharge Planning Guide makes it easy to ensure that doctor’s instructions, after care guidelines, and follow up visits are followed.
At Visiting Angels Beaumont, our Ready-Set-Go Home program offers non-medical transitional care services from professional caregivers. Ready-Set-Go Home helps seniors successfully avoid expensive and physically exhausting hospital readmissions.
Ready–Set–Go Home Transitional Care Services
Visiting Angels Beaumont offers a wide range of non-medical transitional care services within our Ready-Set-Go Home program:
- Preparing healthy meals or special diets per doctor’s instructions
- Grocery shopping and running errands
- Escorting to follow up and doctor appointments
- Bathing and dressing assistance
- Light housecleaning
- Arranging pharmacy and special equipment deliveries
- Monitoring medications and providing reminders
- Observing fluid intake to prevent dehydration
- Helping connect with family via social media
- Providing transitional care reports to family and physicians
Call Visiting Angels Beaumont today to schedule a no-cost transitional care consultation. We proudly help seniors and their families in Port Arthur, Nederland, Orange, and Vidor, TX communities.
Serving Beaumont and the Golden Triangle
Visiting Angels BEAUMONT, TX350 Pine St #315
Beaumont, TX 77701