Important Senior Care Wellness Tips for Greater Chapel Hill
Research shows that those 65+ are at a higher risk of contracting COVID-19, also known as the coronavirus. This leaves Chapel Hill families worried about how they can protect their loved ones during such an unprecedented time. The professionals at Visiting Angels of Chapel Hill are here to inform you about COVID-19 and some of the ways you can help protect your loved ones.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), COVID-19 can be spread in multiple ways:
- Person-to-person: When an infected person coughs or sneezes, the virus can spread to another person six feet away or less.
- Surfaces: The virus can last for multiple hours on surfaces like copper, up to 24-hours on surfaces like cardboard, and for two to three days on surfaces like plastic and stainless steel.
- Air: The virus can linger in the air for up to three hours.
How We Keep Chapel Hill Seniors Healthy
Above all else, Visiting Angels of Chapel Hill strives to help seniors maintain their health and wellness from home. From light housekeeping to bathing assistance, our senior care assists with tasks that normally become more difficult with age. With guidance from the CDC, we have developed practices to help our clients remain safe, comfortable, and healthy.
- Know the symptoms: Our caregivers are aware of the COVID-19 symptoms: fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chest pain, and confusion.
- Emphasis on personal care: Maintaining good hygiene helps seniors avoid many different illnesses, including COVID 19. Our Angel companions assist their caregivers with handwashing, dressing, bathing, toileting, and more.
- Practicing social distancing: To keep seniors far away from the general public, our caregivers are happy to perform tasks such as grocery shopping and picking up medication.
- Keep the house clean: Since COVID-19 can live on surfaces for so long, our Chapel Hill caregivers can ensure that surfaces stay clean and disinfected.
- Stay mindful: To minimize spreading illness, be sure to sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the crook of your elbow, if you need to. Also, avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
How Our Specialized Care Keeps Seniors Safe
Our specialized senior care caters to Chapel Hill seniors who have unique health and wellness needs, especially those who have preexisting conditions. Some of the specialized senior care we offer includes dementia care, transitioning care, personal care, and end of life care.
Have any questions about how our senior care agency can protect your loved one? Contact us today to learn more and schedule a free consultation.