Benefits of Dementia Care at Home in Stockbridge
It’s not surprising that older adults in Stockbridge would prefer to remain at home for as long as possible rather than moving to an assisted living community or nursing home facility. After all, aging in place can be beneficial for seniors, including those with dementia. Dementia care at home in Stockbridge allows elderly adults who are struggling with the symptoms of dementia to avoid a traumatic move to an unfamiliar living environment. If you have a loved one in Stockbridge, Newnan, McDonough, Fayetteville, Lovejoy, Peachtree City, Senoia, Brooks, Tyrone, Sharpsburg, or a neighboring community who has been diagnosed with dementia, it may be time to start considering the benefits of care at home.
Learning More About Dementia Care at Home in Stockbridge
There are several reasons to look to a senior care agency like Visiting Angels® Fayetteville to assist with your loved one’s dementia care needs. We’ll match him or her with one of our talented caregivers in Stockbridge who has been thoroughly screened and who is prepared to meet the extensive care requirements that many seniors with dementia have. We’ll also work with you to create a schedule of visits that provides you with the respite and relief that you need. We even offer overnight and live-in care to ensure that your loved one has comprehensive support.
Take a look at just a few of the benefits of choosing dementia care at home in Stockbridge:
- Helping your loved one avoid a stressful move to an unfamiliar location
- Assistance with day-to-day tasks, including personal care habits
- Support with homemaking activities and meal preparation
- Transportation to appointments and social events
- Compassionate companionship and participation in recreational activities
- Important reminders for medications and doctors’ appointments
- Respite care for overworked family caregivers
- Help for family members who have difficulty communicating with or engaging with their loved one
- Assistance with keeping your loved one safe, both at home and during outside activities
- Reinforcement of important messages about safety
- Personalized help with reducing stressful scenarios and triggers for the senior
Don’t hesitate to get the information that you need to decide whether dementia care at home is the right choice for your loved one in Stockbridge. Connect with Visiting Angels Fayetteville today to get started with a free care consultation at your loved one’s home in Stockbridge, Newnan, McDonough, Fayetteville, Lovejoy, Peachtree City, Lovejoy, Senoia, Brooks, Tyrone, Sharpsburg, or a town in the surrounding areas.