Elderly Care Services in Newnan: Fall Prevention Tips From Our Team
As our loved ones enter their senior years, the risk of serious falls can become a significant everyday concern. But Visiting Angels® Fayetteville can help you with fall prevention. With elderly care services, our caregivers in Newnan are happy to support your loved one in their daily life.
We don't just serve Newnan and Fayetteville area seniors. Our elderly care services can be accessed by families in Peachtree City, McDonough, Senoia, Sharpsburg, Tyrone, Lovejoy, Stockbridge, and Brooks.
From Visiting Angels Fayetteville: 3 Tips To Reduce Fall Risk Factors
If your loved one lives on their own or with you in Newnan, taking proactive measures for fall prevention can improve their daily safety. From elderly care services to physical activity, here are three ways to reduce risk factors in Newnan:
- Consult with the doctor. Your family member's doctor can work with you to build fall prevention strategies. They can conduct a physical, run additional tests if needed, and discuss medication which may be increasing the risk of falls.
- Incorporate physical activity. When physical strength deteriorates, it can be an added concern for fall prevention. If possible, getting your family member to participate in physical activity can build muscle strength and balance.
- Schedule in-home care. For seniors in Newnan, a great way to reduce fall risks is by scheduling elderly care services from Visiting Angels Fayetteville. Our caregivers can remove clutter, support your loved one with stairs, and much more.
How Our Elderly Care Services in Newnan Can Make An Impact
At Visiting Angels Fayetteville, our caregivers can play a valuable role in fall prevention:
- Provide mobility support. For many seniors in Newnan, the stairs and the bathtub are high-risk areas for falls. Our caregivers can help your loved one with bathing, grooming, and mobility support where it's needed.
- Keep pathways clear. Often, clutter can accumulate in entranceways and halls, creating fall hazards as your family member moves through the house. Our elderly care services in Newnan include light housekeeping to help with this and any other small chores.
- Advise you if anything changes. If your loved one is experiencing increased dizziness, balance issues, or any other new concerns, their caregiver can let you know right away. That way, additional preventative measures can be taken.
Together, we can help your loved one live a happy, healthy, and balanced life. Contact Visiting Angels Fayetteville today to learn about our elderly care services in Newnan.