Finding a Home Care Agency in Stockbridge
When you have a parent or loved one who is in need of care at home, there are many things to consider. While some families prefer to move their loved ones to a care facility, others want to help support their loved one's independence for as long as possible. If your loved one wants to age in place, you need to find a home care agency which is experienced at caring for seniors at home in Stockbridge.
Visiting Angels® Fayetteville GA encourages you to ask the following questions when interviewing potential home care agencies in the Stockbridge area:
- Is this agency insured, licensed, and bonded for my loved one's protection?
- Will my loved one be able to provide input regarding their services?
- Am I able to reach someone at the agency overnight if there's a problem?
- Does this agency require background checks for their caregivers?
- Will this agency speak to my loved one's doctor if needed?
- Is personalized care available to meet my loved one's specific needs?
- Is this home care agency well established in the Stockbridge area?
- During what hours can this agency provide care to my loved one?
- Will my loved one be able to make changes to their care if the need arises?
- What range of home care services does this agency provide in the Stockbridge area?
- What is the hiring or selection process when choosing caregivers for this agency?
Consider Your Loved One's Home Care Needs
Just as you want to learn all you can about a home care agency in Stockbridge before you make a decision, you also want them to have a clear understanding of your loved one's needs. It is good to sit down with your family member and go over their expectations for care. Visiting Angels Fayetteville recommends discussing the following with your loved one:
- What specific emotional, social, and physical needs does my loved one have?
- Does my family member require mobility assistance?
- Does my loved one speak a language other than English?
- Is my loved one living with a diagnosis of dementia or Alzheimer's?
- Will my loved one be needing transportation assistance?
- Does my loved one need help following a doctor prescribed meal plan?
- What are the days and times my loved one would like to receive care?
If you are looking for a home care agency in the Stockbridge area, call Visiting Angels Fayetteville today and book a free consultation.