Dementia Care in Boerne: Early Signs of Dementia
When someone is diagnosed with dementia they are facing a decline in cognitive function which is impactful enough to affect their ability to complete everyday tasks. It is important to find care and support early on when a loved one is diagnosed with dementia so they can begin to form a relationship with their caregiver. Visiting Angels® Boerne TX is an experienced provider of dementia care services. We provide aid to seniors in Fredericksburg, San Antonio, Kerrville, and the surrounding communities. Visiting Angels Boerne can help care for loved ones with dementia and provide assistance with the activities of daily living so they can remain safely at home.
Signs to Watch Out For
If you suspect a loved one might have dementia, be sure to follow up with their physician. As an experienced dementia care provider, Visiting Angels Boerne has noticed the following common signs of dementia:
- Asking the same questions repeatedly due to an inability to recall new information or recent events
- Difficulty concentrating and challenges working with numbers which may be apparent while balancing a checkbook
- Poor spatial skills which are most noticeable while driving, such as judging distance or direction
- Trouble completing the usual everyday tasks such as getting dressed, cooking meals, or working the remote
- Dementia often causes sudden mood swings with no obvious cause such as depression or anger
- Language issues are common and can include trouble following a conversation, forgetting words, or using words incorrectly
- You may notice your loved one exhibiting poor judgment in regards to finances, personal hygiene, or clothing choices
- Seniors with dementia often forget where they are or how they came to be there and may fail to recognize familiar places
- Loved ones with dementia may frequently lose objects due to putting them in odd places, such as placing the remote in the freezer
- Dementia can cause seniors to become socially withdrawn or to lose interest in hobbies and favorite activities
The Importance of Dementia Care for Seniors in Boerne
Professional dementia care from Visiting Angels Boerne can monitor your loved one and help keep them safe. We provide a respite for family caregivers and give seniors the one-on-one care they need in order to remain at home, where they are most comfortable.
If you have a loved one who has been diagnosed with dementia, call Visiting Angels Boerne today and ask about our dementia care. We can schedule a free care consultation to help you get started.