Elderly Care Services in Boerne: Fall Prevention Tips from Our Team
When it comes to keeping elderly loved ones safe at home, the risk of falling is often a top concern. It is estimated roughly 1 in 3 seniors will suffer a fall during the course of a year. The impact of falling can have permanent consequences for many, with 1 out of 5 seniors who fall incurring a serious injury. In fact, the number one cause of hip fractures is falling. To help keep elderly loved ones safe, it is important to understand factors which can increase the risk of falls. For example, many seniors deal with declining vision which can make it difficult to see objects in their path or landings on stairs. Changes in blood pressure, muscle weakness, the effects of medications, and limited mobility can also cause unsteadiness. Getting elderly care services for your loved one in Boerne can keep them safe.
How You Can Help Prevent Falls with Elderly Care Services in Boerne
Checking in with your loved one regularly and addressing their risk factors can help your loved one decrease their chances of falling down. Visiting Angels® Boerne TX provides elderly care services to seniors and understands the common causes of falls. Some tips to help keep your loved one safe include:
- Make sure the bathtub or shower is not slippery and install grab bars
- Make sure rugs are secured and the floor is free of clutter and cords
- Check to see if your loved one's medications cause dizziness
- Be sure your loved one's foot wear and slippers fit properly
- Talk to your loved one's doctor about their fall risk and near falls
- Make sure your loved one can clearly see stairs and landings
- Help heep your family member's muscles strong with regular activity
How Visiting Angels Boerne Can Help
When families throughout Boerne, Kerrville, Fredericksburg, San Antonio, and the surrounding areas want additional help to keep their loved one's safe, they turn to Visiting Angels Boerne. Our elderly care services can provide your loved one with assistance around the home and help them identify and address any safety concerns.
Some of the services our agency can offer your loved one include:
- Help with fall prevention measures
- Assistance walking and transferring
- Help with bathing and dressing
- Preparing nutritious meals and snacks
- Transportation to appointments
- Light housekeeping tasks
- Toileting aid and personal hygiene
If you have an elderly loved one who lives independently and worries about falling, call Visiting Angles Boerne today and ask how our elderly care services can help.