Finding a Dementia Caregiver for a Loved One in Boerne
For families in Boerne whose loved ones are suffering from dementia, every day can be a struggle. Some families try to manage everything on their own, but without a skilled dementia caregiver to provide assistance, support, and relief, things can quickly get out of hand. Life can become a precarious balancing act - trying to juggle work and family alongside your additional responsibilities as a caregiver. Whether your loved one's diagnosis is fresh, or you've been providing care for a while, there is no wrong time to start considering bringing a professional dementia caregiver from Visiting Angels® Boerne into their lives.
Should You Be Your Loved One's Dementia Caregiver in Boerne?
Family members that are considering acting as their loved one's dementia caregiver should think carefully about how such a decision will impact their lives. Providing primary care for a loved one with memory loss can send a ripple effect throughout the entire family. It often places demands on time and emotion that many family members simply don't have to spare.
Some things to ask yourself before deciding to be the primary dementia caregiver for a loved one in Boerne include:
- How much time do you have available to spend physically with your loved one?
- How will you handle anger, anxiety, or other emotional outbursts from your loved one?
- Can you drive? How will you transport your loved on to appointments or on errands?
- Is there anyone available to provide respite for you when you need to rest?
- What method will you use to keep track of daily medications and activities?
- What will you do as their symptoms progress and worsen?
- Who can you contact in case of an emergency? Are they nearby?
The Local Choice for Dementia Care: Visiting Angels Boerne
At Visiting Angels Boerne, we employ dementia caregivers whose special mix of skills, compassion, and know-how make them equipped to safely and calmly handle whatever situations may arise as a result of dementia. They can be there to provide occasional relief for family caregivers or to provide monitoring and assistance around the clock. If you're interested in learning more about how a professional caregiver could help turn things around for your family, you can schedule an in-home consultation with Visiting Angels Boerne, completely free of charge. In addition to Boerne, we're proud to offer our services to families in Kerrville, Fredericksburg, and San Antonio, too.
Call Visiting Angels Boerne today to learn about our dementia caregivers through a free, in-home consultation.