How Caregivers in Boerne Help with Senior Isolation
According to information from the US Census Bureau, over 25% of seniors aged 65 and older are living alone. For those who no longer drive, or who deal with limited mobility, this can make social interaction difficult. If you have a loved one who spends much of their day alone, you may have concerns about their emotional health. Feelings of isolation can quickly lead to depression and other issues. Thankfully, there is care that can help. Visiting Angels® Boerne TX has compassionate caregivers who provide meaningful companionship to seniors, along with practical assistance.
Negative Effects of Senior Isolation
When an elderly loved one ends up spending much of their time alone it can lead to senior isolation. Feelings of loneliness can have a variety of negative effects on your loved one's well-being. As an experienced senior care agency, Visiting Angels Boerne has seen the effects of isolation. Our caregivers have become adept at identifying the consequences of senior isolation, including:
- Seniors who feel isolated are more likely to make poor lifestyle choices
- There is a direct link between high blood pressure and feelings of loneliness according to studies
- Seniors who are isolated have a higher risk of mortality if an acute illness develops
- Per the University of Chicago feelings of loneliness can be linked to faster cognitive decline in seniors
- Feelings of isolation can lead to poor physical and emotional health
- Chronic issues such as arthritis and lung disease have been linked to social isolation in studies
Your loved one doesn't have to remain isolated. The dedicated caregivers from Visiting Angels Boerne can provide them with compassionate support.
Caregivers in Boerne can Help Alleviate Isolation
Caregivers from Visiting Angels Boerne can help your loved one feel connected in a variety of ways. Some of these include:
- Social care can help seniors use technology such as video chat, messaging, text, and social media to connect with friends and family
- Transportation aid can help your loved one get out of the house and meet up with friends or engage in activities
- Caregivers can accompany your loved one in Boerne on walks or even help with exercise to lower blood pressure and fight off diabetes
- Providers can help seniors get out and get involved in volunteering or other activities where they can connect with others
If you have an elderly loved one who lives alone, call Visiting Angels Boerne today and ask how our caregivers can help.