Home Care Solutions in Hurst, TX and Surrounding Areas
An estimated 5.8 million Americans are currently living with Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimer’s disease is a fatal brain disease that affects different cognitive abilities including thinking and reasoning. An Alzheimer’s diagnosis can shock an entire family and leave many questions. There are steps that your family can take to educate yourself about the disease and better the life of your loved one.
When you’re treating Alzheimer’s disease, being proactive is key. The sooner you witness the warning signs, the sooner your loved one gets diagnosed, and the sooner your loved one can receive home care solutions. There isn’t a cure for Alzheimer’s. But there are methods that you can incorporate into your loved one’s life to improve it.
Be sure to know these 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s:
- Challenges in planning or solving problems
- Confusion about time or place
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Difficulty completing tasks at home or work
- Trouble understanding visual images or spatial relationships
- Decreased or poor judgment when making decisions
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Changes in mood or personality
- New problems with speaking or writing
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
Alzheimer’s disease is not a normal part of the aging process. A senior might experience some of the above warning signs to a certain degree. But, someone with Alzheimer’s will have symptoms that get worse as time passes.
Here are a couple of steps that you should utilize if someone you love gets diagnosed with Alzheimer’s:
- Educate yourself about the disease
- Take care of financial, legal, and long-term care planning issues
- Employ cognitive stimulation
- Arrange respite and/or regular home care solutions
- Build a support system
Visiting Angels Hurst is here to provide you with care and information about Alzheimer’s at every step of the way. To explore your options for home care solutions, call Visiting Angels Hurst at 817-612-9571 or request Alzheimer’s care here.
Serving North Fort Worth, Hurst, Euless, Bedford, and Watauga areas
Visiting Angels HURST, TX1550 Norwood Dr #101
Hurst, TX 76054