Dementia Care in Hyattsville, MD and the Surrounding Area
When a senior is afflicted with Alzheimer's or dementia, it is never long before their loved ones must start to make big decisions about their care. Whether it's onset is fast or slow, memory loss soon makes everyday living too difficult or dangerous for seniors to cope with on their own. Visiting Angels of Hyattsville can offer the option of in home care that, for many seniors and their families, is a welcome alternative to assisted living facilities. Our dementia care services make it possible for seniors with memory loss to continue living in the comfort and familiarity of home, without the risk.
How Dementia Care Helps Families in Cheverly, Colmar Manor, and Nearby Communities
Whether your loved one is in the early stages of memory loss or has a more developed stage of the disease, they will need significant care in order to remain at home. Our dementia care services at Visiting Angels of Hyattsville were created through a partnership with the Alzheimer's Foundation of America and designed to provide support for seniors at various stages of the process.
Some of our dementia care services in the Hyattsville area include:
- Hourly, overnight, or around-the-clock monitoring to prevent wandering and accidents
- Meaningful companionship that lifts their spirits and prevents loneliness
- Reminders about when to take medications, have prescriptions filled, and attend appointments
- Help running errands and coordinating the delivery of medical equipment and supplies
- Compassionate assistance with maintaining personal hygiene, grooming, dressing, and toileting
- Light housework and nutritious meals prepared according to their dietary needs
- Safely and compassionately managing angry or anxious episodes
Hyattsville's Trusted Choice for Dementia Care
Entrusting a loved one into the care of someone outside the family requires you to have full confidence in whomever is providing that care. Visiting Angels Hyattsville is proud to be a trusted name not only in Hyattsville, but in the neighboring communities of Landover, New Carrollton, Bladensburg, Mount Rainier, Riverdale Park, Chillum, Brentwood, Cheverly, and University Park, too. We work hard to uphold that trust by making sure that our caregivers always perform their duties with compassion and respect and by checking-in with them often. We make it easy for you to stay in touch with us as well by keeping our client phone line open 24-hours a day.
Call to Schedule a Free Consultation
Learn more about how dementia care could help your loved one by calling 240-847-3126 today and requesting a free, in-home consultation.
Serving Hyattsville and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels HYATTSVILLE, MD7100 Chesapeake Rd #102
Hyattsville, MD 20784