Social Care Program
Visiting Angels knows that providing care for your loved one requires a holistic approach. This holistic approach entails care for the individual, both inside and outside of the home. By utilizing modern technology, our social care program helps families stay connected by using platforms like Facebook, Skype, FaceTime, etc., to remain active and engaged.
Digital Tools Help Seniors Connect to Family and Friends
Adopting a digital social life may not come so easily to older adults who have difficulties grasping new technology. However, recent studies have shown the following emotional and mental benefits digital tools can have on the elderly:
- Surfing the internet can reduce depression in Seniors by 20 percent.*
- A University of Arizona study finds seniors who use Facebook showed a 25 percent improvement in mental “updating” skills - essentially improving their working memory.
- Another study shows seniors who visit social networking sites like Facebook have a positive emotional experience when measured by breathing rates, brain stimulation and pupil dilation.**
Helping Seniors Stay Engaged Via Technology
The Visiting Angels' Social Care Program teach seniors to:
- Use a cell phone
- Text, send e-mail, Skype, or use FaceTime
- Create a Facebook page/account and interact with family and friends
- Log in, shop online or research information on a search engine
Contact your local Visiting Angels home care office for more information about our social care program.
Serving Kansas City, North of the River and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels KANSAS CITY, MO7211 NW 83rd St #112
Kansas City, MO 64152