Transitional Care in Medford to Avoid Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
If you’ve ever been a hospital patient, you know that a readmission is something that should be avoided if at all possible. At Visiting Angels® Medford, our transitional care program helps seniors in Medford, Rogue Valley, Southern Oregon, Ashland, Grants Pass, and the surrounding communities avoid the complications that can lead to a swift hospital readmission. That way, they can age in place where they feel most comfortable and secure—in the familiarity of their own homes.
Why Transitional Care: The Main Causes of Readmissions
Seniors can be readmitted to the hospital following a discharge due to a wide variety of factors. Here are some of the most common issues that can lead to a senior’s readmission:
- Issues related to managing a disease at home
- Problems with taking medications as instructed
- Failure to adhere to specific discharge instructions
- Missed medical appointments following discharge
- Fatigue or exhaustion stemming from disrupted routines
How Transitional Care Minimizes the Risk of Readmission
At Visiting Angels Medford, we work with a wide variety of tools and resources to address the above causes of readmissions. Our transitional care program in Medford uses a three-pronged approach to encourage a successful transition from hospital to home:
- We lay the foundation for proper transitional care. Before a client is discharged, we will meet with their hospital discharge planner in Medford to coordinate a transitional care strategy that best fits the client’s needs and challenges. We also provide clients with an informative guide, “Ready-Set-Go Home,” to help them prepare for their discharge and learn what to expect from their transitional care.
- We provide outstanding in-home care. At Visiting Angels Medford, we will work with your loved one in their home to provide the transitional care that they need during this critical time. Our compassionate caregivers will gain important insight into your loved one’s well-being, habits, and behaviors so that any problems can be addressed quickly.
- Our office in Medford offers additional support. At Visiting Angels Medford, our office staff has access to specialized tools and systems that allow us to monitor high-risk clients with care. We can also provide important reminders or arrange medication or food deliveries.
Could your loved one in Medford benefit from transitional care? Call Visiting Angels Medford today for more information about getting started with our transitional care program for seniors in Medford, Rogue Valley, Southern Oregon, Ashland, Grants Pass, and the surrounding communities.
Serving Medford, Ashland, Grants Pass and Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels MEDFORD, OR990 N Phoenix Rd #105
Medford, OR 97504
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated.The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.