Safe and Steady Fall Prevention: Helping Seniors in Naples, FL and Surrounding Areas Stay Safe with Quality Care at Home
Fall prevention is an essential part of providing any kind of in-home care for seniors because falling can be one of the most dangerous things for a senior both physically and emotionally. A fall can not only break the bones of seniors, but they can also force some out of their independence. A senior may suddenly feel like a burden or embarrassed that they cannot even be trusted to walk on their own. These types of thoughts can be mentally draining and can often even lead to depression, loneliness and anxiety.
At Visiting Angels Naples, we’re committed to helping seniors in Naples, Marco Island and throughout Collier County stay safe and remain independent by providing quality care at home. Through our fall prevention program, we can help your loved one avoid falling and injuring themselves by being proactive and compassionate.
The Importance of Fall Prevention
Every year, millions of seniors fall. While some falls are not serious, others cause injuries such as hip fractures can be much more severe.
Here are some facts about falls among seniors:
- Every year, 1 in 3 older adults fall and 1 in 5 sustain a serious injury such as a broken hip, fracture, concussion, and other injuries
- Those who fall once are more likely to fall again
- More than 800,000 people are hospitalized for falls each year
- Recovery from injuries, including hip fractures, can take up to a year in a long-term care facility and many people who fall never go home again
How Quality Care at Home from Visiting Angels Naples Helps Seniors Stay Safe
Falls are usually caused by one or more risk factors, which are conditions that increase the chances of someone falling. Risk factors may be linked to a physical condition, a medical problem or the home environment. Seniors who receive quality care at home can mitigate risk factors and remain safe.
Some risk factors for falls in seniors include:
- Poor eyesight
- Taking multiple medications
- Lack of grab bars in the bathtub
- Lack of non-slip mats in the bathtub and shower floors
- Lack of handrails and lights on staircases
By identifying and addressing risk factors promptly, fall prevention can be achieved for your senior loved ones.
Elderly fall prevention is a large challenge for many seniors, and due to the severe risk involved it is best to make sure you have a quality senior caregiver available to help prevent falls from happening in the first place through quality care at home.
Some of the ways Visiting Angels Naples can help your loved one stay safe include:
- Preparing delicious and nutritious meals your loved one will enjoy so they can have energy throughout the day
- Reminding them to take their medication and act accordingly if they start showing any side effects that could impact their safety
- Helping them in the bathroom as they bathe, shower or get dressed
- Assisting them as they move throughout the home
- Helping with light housekeeping tasks that can clear up walkways, like sweeping floors
- And so much more
If you think that you or a loved one could benefit from our in-home care services, then do not hesitate to reach out today!
Learn how care at home from Visiting Angels can help your loved one stay safe by calling our Naples, FL office today at 239-561-7600.
Serving Naples, Marco Island, and throughout Collier County in Florida
Visiting Angels NAPLES, FL1016 Collier Center Way #102
Naples, FL 34110