Caring for Someone with Alzheimers with in Home Care Services from Visiting Angels of Wayne, NJ
In Caring for Someone with Alzheimer’s, Support is the Most Important Resource
Millions of individuals across the United States deal with Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimer’s is a terminal brain disease that affects different cognitive abilities including thinking, reasoning, and memory. Being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s can be a shock not just for the individual dealing with the disease, but for their entire family as well. It’s important to know that there are steps that you and your loved one can take to be proactive.
Being proactive is important when trying to treat Alzheimer’s disease. The sooner you witness the warning signs, the sooner your loved one gets diagnosed, and the sooner your loved one can receive in home care services. The professionals at Visiting Angels of Wayne have provided warning signs to diagnose Alzheimer’s as soon as possible.
Be sure to know these 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s:
- Challenges in planning or solving problems
- Confusion about time or place
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Difficulty completing tasks at home or at work
- Trouble understanding visual images or spatial relationships
- Decreased or poor judgment when making decisions
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Changes in mood or personality
- New problems with words in speaking or writing
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
It’s important to understand that Alzheimer’s disease is not a normal part of the aging process. A person might experience some of these warning signs over time at different degrees, but when someone has Alzheimer’s these symptoms get worse and more significant as time passes.
If someone you love is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s take these initial steps:
- Educate yourself about the disease
- Take care of financial, legal, and long-term care planning issues
- Employ cognitive stimulation
- Arrange respite and/or regular in home care services
- Build a support system
If you or someone that you love has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, it’s important to know that you’re not alone. For more information or to explore your options for Visiting Angels’ in home care services, call Visiting Angels of Wayne today at 973-321-6057.
Serving Passaic & Bergen Counties including Wayne, Passaic, Clifton, and nearby Cities
Visiting Angels WAYNE, NEW JERSEY2190 Hamburg Tpke Suite A
Wayne, NJ 07470