Knowing When Your Loved One Needs Care
Considering whether a loved one needs home care can be mentally taxing and emotionally draining and should take a wide range of factors into account.
While some of the following warning signs might be common sense, considering and weighing each one accordingly is an important step towards making a potentially difficult decision.
- Whenever a loved one poses a threat to his or her own well-being, seek immediate care options.
- A recent hospital discharge can make it difficult for a loved one to undertake his or her usual daily routine.
- Physical limitations in general can hinder daily activities.
- Loved ones of any age might be in need of homecare if they are undergoing rehabilitation.
- Memory lapses can impede daily functions and can even put loved ones in danger.
- If loved ones are having trouble preparing their own meals, homecare should be considered.
- Loved ones that cannot maintain their lifestyles independently might be in need of assistance.
- If a loved one cannot make it through the night unattended, caregiver assistance is necessary.
- Loved ones that overburden your personal schedule are most likely in need of full-time care.
- When you’ve exhausted your own caregiving efforts, it might be time to seek a professional caregiver.
Serving the Communities of Western Wayne County Michigan
Visiting Angels in Livonia, MI39319 Plymouth Rd #8
Livonia, MI 48150
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.