In Home Care in Trinidad
If you are caring for a loved one whose goal is to remain living at home or even alone, as they age, you’ve probably had a few panicked thoughts about them falling--and with good reason. Falling is the number one cause of fatal and non-fatal injuries in the 65+ age group. Thankfully, many, if not most of these falls are preventable. At Visiting Angels® Pueblo, we can help prevent falls and keep your loved one living safely at home for years to come with our customized, in home care services in the Trinidad area.
Fall prevention involves having a comprehensive plan. We suggest the following initial steps:
- Doctor’s visit. Make an appointment with your loved one’s primary care physician and ask him/her to conduct a medical fall-risk evaluation. The doc should look at things like vision, balance, hearing, strength, and hand or foot problems. You should also ask about the potential that any prescribed medications may individually or combined cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or drowsiness.
- Maintain muscle strength. Encourage your loved one to exercise their hand, arm, leg, and foot muscles on a regular basis. Poor muscle strength is a major contributor to senior falls.
- Consider in home care from a trusted provider like us.
At Visiting Angels Pueblo, our in home care services in Trinidad are more than just another set of watchful eyes. By taking on tasks that require prolonged or excessive standing, reaching, stretching, bending, or squeezing into tight spaces, our compassionate and well-trained caregivers can drastically reduce the likelihood of your loved one suffering an unnecessary fall.
During our initial free consultation, we’ll conduct a thorough assessment of your loved one’s fall risk as well. We’ll then customize our in home care services to accommodate your loved one’s unique needs in Trinidad. We provide help as little or as much as you need and at times when you need us most. Specific tasks we assist with that are associated with fall risk are:
- Transportation and accompaniment to appointments, errands, and/or social activities.
- Meal prep
- Medication reminders
- Food and water intake reminders (some seniors reduce intake to avoid additional bathroom trips)
- Gentle and dignified bathing, grooming, and dressing assistance
- Light housekeeping (bed changes, laundry, dusting, vacuuming, dishes, and more)
- And much more
Locally Owned & Operated In Home Care For the Trinidad Area
Because we are locally owned and operated, we are solely focused on providing a safe and happy living environment for seniors in the following nearby communities:
- Cañon City
- La Junta
- Pueblo West
- And the surrounding area
Schedule Your Free Consultation & Fall Risk Assessment Today
If you’d like to find out more about how our in home care services in Trinidad can help your loved one remain living safely at home as long as possible, please reach out to Visiting Angels Pueblo and schedule a free, in-home consultation and fall-risk assessment today.
Serving Pueblo, Pueblo West, Cañon City, Walsenburg, Trinidad, La Junta, Lamar, and most of Southern Colorado
Visiting Angels PUEBLO, CO2628 N Elizabeth St.
Pueblo, CO 81003