How Transitional Care in Reynoldsburg Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
When it comes to hospital readmission, seniors are at a higher risk for repeat trips after discharge. Ready-Set-Go
Visiting Angels Reynoldsburg uses a three-prong approach to transitional care. We start by checking in with your loved one while still in the hospital and providing brochures for discharge planning. The knowledgeable administrator from our agency can work behind the scenes to arrange for deliveries of supplies and equipment, as well as prepare your loved one's home for their return. Our dedicated caregivers can assist your loved one with non-medical tasks once they are home.
Common Causes of Hospital Readmission
There are many specific reasons why elderly adults may be readmitted to the hospital after discharge but it generally comes down to trouble following some aspect of the discharge instructions. Seniors who live alone or who don't have family nearby can be lacking the necessary support for a smooth recovery. Transitional care from Visiting Angels Reynoldsburg can provide the support your loved one needs.
Some additional reasons seniors may be readmitted to the hospital include:
- Forgetting to take prescribed medications or taking them incorrectly
- Failure to make it to follow-up appointments or physical therapy
- Difficulty managing a new diagnosis once you are home
- Inability to follow the doctor's prescribed meal plan
- Falls due to effects of medications or limited mobility and weakness
- Not following the discharge instructions given by the hospital
How Visiting Angels Reynoldsburg Can Help With Transitional Care
Transitional care from Visiting Angels Reynoldsburg can help your loved one with non-medical tasks so they can continue their recovery at home. Some of the ways we can help your loved one include:
- Prepping the home for your loved one's return
- Arranging deliveries of prescriptions or medical supplies
- Performing light housekeeping tasks such as laundry
- Preparing meals to follow a prescribed meal plan
- Providing transportation to follow-up visits or therapies
- Offering medication monitoring and reminders
- Compassionate aid with dressing, grooming, and bathing
- Help avoiding falls through walking and transferring aid
If you have a parent or family member who is facing an inpatient hospital stay, call Visiting Angels Reynoldsburg today and ask about our transitional care services. We can schedule a free consultation to help you get started.
Serving Fairfield, Franklin & Licking Counties including Johnstown, Groveport, Lancaster and the Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels Reynoldsburg, OH7315 E Main St
Reynoldsburg, OH 43068
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.