Specialized In-Home Memory Care for Seniors in Marin County, CA
Adults who are in the middle or late stages of dementia need a lot of help and support, which is usually given by trained professionals. Many people still believe that a loved one needs to be moved to a memory care facility or a similar residential community for seniors in order to get good care. But now there are many ways to care for someone with dementia or a similar condition right at home.
If your parent has Alzheimer's or dementia, Visiting Angels San Rafael can provide specialized in-home memory care and help your loved one stay happy and safe in their own home for as long as possible. We've helped countless seniors in San Rafael, Belvedere, Fairfax, Novato and throughout the North Bay area get the support they need to live out their golden years at home.
How Our In-Home Care Services Can Help Your Loved One
Alzheimer's disease and other types of dementia are known for causing memory loss because the brain keeps deteriorating over time. As their condition gets worse, you can expect your loved one to have trouble staying focused or speaking. They can also feel sad, confused, angry and sometimes even violent. Because of this, they are likely to need more care and support from professionals who are trained and have a lot of experience in caring for seniors with dementia.
If your elderly mom or dad with dementia still lives on their own, caregivers from Visiting Angels San Rafael can help make their daily life at home safer and more comfortable with a wide range of personalized in-home care services.
Our memory care options include:
- Light housekeeping: Helping with simple household tasks like vacuuming, dusting, cleaning, doing laundry, taking out the trash and so on.
- Meal preparation: A caregiver can make sure that your loved one eats healthy, well-balanced, home-cooked meals every day of the week.
- Medication reminders: We help older adults with cognitive problems stick to their medication schedule and avoid dangerous medication mistakes by sending them helpful reminders.
- Mobility help: If a loved one has trouble moving around, our caregivers can help them get around their home safely.
- Personal care: Our caregivers provide assistance with taking care of personal hygiene in a dignified way and help seniors with bathing, dressing, going to the bathroom and incontinence issues.
- Wandering prevention: Because wandering is one of the most common symptoms of dementia, we can keep an eye on your loved one and make sure they don't leave.
- Transportation: We can drive loved one to their appointments or to see their family when they need to or want to.
When you choose in-home care from Visiting Angels, you can be sure that your loved one is getting the best memory care, which includes personalized, flexible care plans from trained and compassionate caregiver. Because dementia gets worse over time, we will also look at your care plan and schedule often and make changes as needed.
Call our San Rafael, CA office at 415-233-9564 to learn how in-home care from Visiting Angels can help your loved one!
Serving Marin County and throughout the North Bay Region, including San Rafael, Belvedere, Fairfax, Novato and surrounding areas
Visiting Angels SAN RAFAEL, CALIFORNIA77 Mark Dr #12
San Rafael, CA 94903