How Transitional Care in Savannah Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
It is estimated that 1 in 5 seniors will be readmitted to the hospital within the first month after discharge. Not only is this expensive, it can be extremely frustrating for seniors and their loved ones. More often than not when seniors are readmitted to the hospital it is due to failure to follow the hospital's discharge instructions. When seniors have limited access to support once they return home, the odds of repeat hospital trips increases. Visiting Angels® Savannah GA provides transitional care to help seniors continue on the path to recovery.
Visiting Angels Savannah takes a three-prong approach to transitional care. We start at the hospital by providing information on discharge planning. At our agency, we can coordinate delivery of medications and medical supplies and prepare the home for your loved one's return. Once your loved one is home, our elder care providers can assist with daily tasks and monitor your loved one for any concerning behaviors.
Common Causes of Hospital Readmission
There are many different reasons why disabled and elderly adults may be readmitted to the hospital post-discharge. Transitional care from Visiting Angels Savannah can help your loved one continue their recovery at home by assisting with daily tasks and helping out in areas which may be challenging.
Some additional reasons readmissions frequently occur include:
- Falls due to the effects of medication or limited mobility
- Inability to follow the doctor's discharge instructions
- Missing follow-up appointments or physical therapy
- Difficulty managing a new diagnosis on your own
- Failure to follow a physician prescribed meal plan
- Forgetting to take medications or taking incorrectly
How Visiting Angels Savannah Can Help
The transitional care providers from Visiting Angels Savannah can help your loved one avoid expensive repeat hospital trips by providing customized care. We will base the services we provide on your loved one's specific recovery needs.
Some of the ways transitional care from Visiting Angels Savannah can help your loved one include:
- Preparing meals to follow a prescribed meal plan
- Aid with walking, transferring, and fall prevention
- Bathing, dressing, grooming, and toileting aid
- Offering medication reminders and monitoring
- Running errands and going to the grocery store
- Providing transportation to follow-up appointments
- Doing laundry and light housekeeping tasks
- Companionship and conversation
To learn more about the transitional care from Visiting Angels Savannah and how we can help your loved one avoid repeat hospital stays, call us today.
Serving Savannah, Richmond Hill, and Effingham County Georgia
Visiting Angels Savannah, GA6205 Abercorn St #101
Savannah, GA 31405
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.