How Transitional Care in New Bedford Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Ready-Set-Go Home care, more commonly referred to as transitional care, from Visiting Angels® New Bedford MA supports seniors and disabled adults following an inpatient hospital stay. If your parent or family member is currently a hospital inpatient, or is preparing for a hospital stay, we can help them avoid repeat hospital visits after discharge.
Visiting Angels New Bedford takes a three-prong approach to transitional care. We start by visiting your loved one in the hospital and providing valuable information for discharge planning. At our office we work behind the scenes to arrange for food, equipment or supplies, and medication deliveries. In your loved one's home we can assist with everyday tasks to make recovery easier and help avoid readmission.
Common Causes of Hospital Readmission
There are many reasons why seniors are at an increased risk of hospital readmission. What it generally comes down to is an inability to follow the discharge instructions laid out by the hospital and physicians. Seniors who lack support have a harder time with recovery than those who have assistance. Transitional care from Visiting Angels New Bedford can provide your loved one with the support they need while recovering.
Some additional causes of hospital readmission can include:
- Difficulty following the hospital's discharge instructions
- Taking prescriptions incorrectly or forgetting doses
- Missing follow-up appointments or physical therapy
- Trouble managing a new diagnosis once home
- Failure to follow your physician's prescribed meal plan
- Increased fall risk due to medication side effects or limited mobility
How Visiting Angels New Bedford Can Help
Visiting Angels New Bedford can help your loved one avoid costly hospital readmissions by providing non-medical transitional care. We will design a care plan based on your loved one's unique circumstances. Whether your family member needs aid daily, a few times per week, or around the clock, we are here to help.
Some of the ways we commonly assist include:
- Preparing the home for your loved one's return
- Arranging for medical equipment or supplies delivery
- Preparing meals to follow the doctor's meal plan
- Arranging transportation to follow-up appointments
- Assisting with light housekeeping tasks such as laundry
- Help with walking, transferring, and fall prevention
- Aid with bathing, dressing, toileting, and hygiene
- Providing medication reminders and monitoring
- Emotional support and meaningful companionship
If you have a loved one in need of transitional care, call Visiting Angels New Bedford and schedule a consultation today.
Serving New Bedford, Swanesa, Somerset, Fall River, Westport, Dartmouth, Mattapoisett, Lakeville & Fairhaven Areas.
Visiting Angels NEW BEDFORD, MA838 Rockdale Ave #1
New Bedford, MA 02740