Stay Connected With an in Home Caregiver in Spartanburg, SC
Visiting Angels of Spartanburg knows caring for your loved one requires a holistic approach. This holistic approach entails care for the individual inside and outside the home. Using modern technology, an in-home caregiver can help elderly adults stay connected to family and friends by using platforms like Facebook, Skype, FaceTime, etc., to remain active and engaged.
Call Visiting Angels of Spartanburg at 864-881-0520 to schedule a free consultation.
Seniors in Spartanburg, Greer, Taylors, and Nearby Cities are Staying Connected with the Help of an In Home Caregiver from Visiting Angels of Spartanburg
An in-home caregiver from Visiting Angels of Spartanburg can do more than provide physical care; they can also teach and assist seniors in Spartanburg, SC, and the surrounding area in doing the following:
- Make phone calls and send text messages from a cell phone
- Text, send e-mails, Skype, or use FaceTime
- Create a Facebook account and interact with family and friends
- Log in, shop online, or research information on a search engine
Grasping new technology and adopting a digital social life can be difficult for older adults. However, there are benefits to patiently teaching them these things. Recent studies have shown the following emotional and mental benefits digital tools can have on the elderly:
- Surfing the internet can reduce depression in Seniors by 20 percent.*
- A University of Arizona study finds seniors who use Facebook showed a 25 percent improvement in mental “updating” skills - essentially improving their working memory.
- Another study shows seniors who visit social networking sites like Facebook have a positive emotional experience when measured by breathing rates, brain stimulation, and pupil dilation.**
Schedule a FREE In-Home Consultation
Call Visiting Angels of Spartanburg at 864-881-0520 for more information about setting up your loved one with an in-home caregiver.
Because of this program, I was able to experience two of the greatest joys in life – becoming a grandmother and seeing my son become a new father. Skyping and Facebooking with my son and his family are now a normal part of my life. It helps me feel like I’m still an important part of their lives even though I’m miles and miles away.
* Washington, D.C. based Phoenix Center
** Journal Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking
Serving the Communities from Spartanburg to Taylors
Visiting Angels SPARTANBURG, SC609 E Main St
Duncan, SC 29334