In Home Care in Moore
Age in Place with These Home Upgrades
In home care is a wonderful option for seniors in Moore, OK, who wish to enjoy their golden years at home. However, many homes were designed without much thought to the needs of seniors. If you or a loved one has decided aging in place is for you, consider investing in a few upgrades that will make your home safer and more accessible as your abilities change.
Start with these three easy modifications:
- Install an adjustable handheld shower head. Improve accessibility in the shower instantly by replacing fixed shower heads with handheld versions for use while standing or sitting.
- Replace knob-style door handles. “Grip and twist” doorknobs can be challenging for arthritic hands. Replace them with lever-style handles, which are much easier to use.
- Add Smart Technology. Virtual assistants, such as Amazon’s Alexa, can be invaluable to seniors with mobility challenges. They can answer questions, tell you the weather, play music, and more with just a voice command. Smart thermostats “learn” preferred indoor temperatures and can be adjusted through a smartphone app.
Professional In Home Care You Can Trust from Visiting Angels Southwest Oklahoma City
Looking for compassionate in home care you can trust in Moore, Oklahoma City, Mustang, Blanchard, Norman, Tuttle, or the surrounding areas? Look no further than Visiting Angels® Southwest Oklahoma City.
Locally owned and operated, we are committed to providing professional care with a personal touch. To join our team, caregivers must pass a rigorous selection process which requires multiple interviews, previous home care experience, and a spotless background check. We only hire caregivers we would happily choose to care for our own family members.
To ensure your loved one will genuinely enjoy time with their caregiver, we look not only at their care needs and schedule but also their personality and interests. We are confident in our ability to make great matches from the start, but if for any reason you want to make a change, let us know. Your happiness and comfort are our top priorities, and we’ll be happy to make another suggestion.
How In Home Care in Moore Helps Seniors Remain Independent
While Visiting Angels Southwest Oklahoma City isn’t technically a home health agency, we offer many of the same essential services, including:
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s care
- Wandering prevention
- Medication and fluid reminders
- Comforting companionship
- Temporary transitional care
- Mobility assistance
- Personal care
- Transportation to appointments
- Respite care
- Light housekeeping, cooking, and organizing
Ready to learn more about in home care in Moore, OK? Call Visiting Angels Southwest Oklahoma City today to schedule a free consultation. We look forward to meeting you!
Serving Southwest Oklahoma City, Moore, Norman, Mustang, Union City, Blanchard, Tuttle and Newcastle
Visiting Angels SOUTHWEST OKLAHOMA CITY11705 S Western Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73170