Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Senior Care Agency in St. Louis
When the time comes to find senior care in the St. Louis area for a parent or loved one, many families worry about making the right choice. At Visiting Angels® Webster Groves, we understand the importance of choosing a home care agency that best fits your loved one's current and future needs. Locally owned and operated, we are proud to be the trusted choice for top quality care in St. Louis, Kirkwood, Webster Groves, Brentwood, and throughout the surrounding areas.
While there are many choices when it comes to senior care in the St. Louis area, not all agencies offer the same services, scheduling, or level of care. Taking the time to conduct interviews and ask questions can help ensure you find the right fit for your loved one.
Choosing Senior Care in St. Louis: 5 Questions to Ask Potential Agencies
When interviewing senior care agencies in the St. Louis area, Visiting Angels Webster Groves suggests asking the following questions:
- Is your agency bonded and insured? Have your caregivers been thoroughly screened? For example, at Visiting Angels Webster Groves, we are bonded and insured, and our caregivers are carefully screened and required to pass background and criminal history checks before their employment.
- What are your hiring requirements for caregivers? A reputable agency in St. Louis will be happy to discuss their hiring requirements as well as the qualifications of their caregivers. At Visiting Angels Webster Groves, we seek out caregivers with previous senior care experience that also exhibit the traits we have found to be essential when providing exceptional care, such as compassion, humor, kindness, and loyalty.
- What services does your agency offer? Look for an agency that can meet your loved one's current and future needs. Hiring an agency that provides a full range of non-medical services, such as Visiting Angels Webster Groves, avoids the need to change agencies if your loved one begins to require extra care.
- When are your caregivers available? A good agency will work with your loved one's schedule and be able to provide a caregiver at any time of the day or night. Visiting Angels Webster Groves offers up to 24/7 in-home care senior care in the St. Louis area.
- What if my loved one's needs change? Flexibility is essential with home care, so be sure that the agency you choose can accommodate changing needs. At Visiting Angels Webster Groves, our individualized plans make it easy to adjust services and schedules.
Ready to learn more about our senior care services in St. Louis and the surrounding areas? Call Visiting Angels Webster Groves today to schedule your free in-home consultation.